• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 3:11 AM, godzilla43 said:

Nice video. Nothing wrong with this "variant" and nothing wrong with influencers, shops.. buying huge stacks of these. Everyone is just a hater :D:D

Funny thou like mentioned here this all started from one exhibitor being mad that he did not get one even thou he was in the line before even VIP access opened. Does anybody care for the normal attendees?!? What is the point of buying VIP tickets to these conventions?!? Maybe there is some additional benefits but getting those low print exclusives definitely ain't one of those.

VIP tickets are only worth buying if you care for the freebees that are included when you get to the con or the photo ops/panels/autograph packages.  I learned long ago but far too late that buying to get in early to buy exclusives and get the best deals is a waste of money.  Any new dealer stock has been picked clean of any deals several times over by the other dealers setting up.  Any newbie dealer showing up for their first con is surrounded by dealer sharks feasting on their mis-priced/unpriced items and steam-rolling them on bulk deals that they later regret when they see the other dealers being swarmed by customers buying up the newbie dealer's original stock at a higher markup to VIP and regular con attendees when the doors open.  Though some dealers prefer selling out early if it lets them recoup the cost of the convention table and travel expenses and allows them to spend the rest of the convention as a buyer.  I might have to try it out at some point.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:17 PM, Strike W said:

As a veteran, I hope this is not the case. Being associated in any way with this gaggle of stupid is embarrassing. 

:golfclap:

Also Thank you for your service.  

On 8/8/2022 at 5:33 PM, Sigur Ros said:

This is another reason less and less people are entrusting CGC with their books.

I think you meant "intrusting".  :insane:

On 8/8/2022 at 5:44 PM, darkstar said:

Replace the word God in "in God we trust" with a more controversial religious or political figure

In Thor We Intrust?

On 8/8/2022 at 6:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Unfortunately at this point even if CGC drops the blue label (removes certification from registry, issues recall, etc) they are out there and someone will want them. 

So let them spend their cash on this carp. 

A fool and their money. 

However I do believe that CGC should at least not grade anymore going forward , or at least start adding the green label and noting married cover. 

People are going to buy them up at an even higher premium now because of all the discussion that has ensued insued.  B|

On 8/8/2022 at 8:47 PM, eddly said:

Who were the influencers that were part of this? I have seen some of them outed in various YouTube videos, is there a full list in this thread?

Not that I’m putting more blame on them than CGC… flippers going to flip… but CGC?!?!? Maybe they are just an encapsulating service.

From Page 2

On 8/9/2022 at 2:12 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Waffle waffle

Who is this guy?  'Marvel insist on a 3000 print run for all variants' - eh?

On 8/8/2022 at 10:29 PM, Kevin76 said:

In a few days, whoever bought these books will be eating them, the price will tank so fast

People should crack open every CGC graded copy of this book and return the labels back to CGC 

The booth sold the 10.0 for $2500.  I wonder who has it?

On 8/8/2022 at 10:28 PM, Willbert said:

The Boston books are on the census right now.

Ghost Rider #1 2022 "Zymotica Vs" Acetate Edition

Deadpool Nerdy 30 #1 "99 Problems" Acetate Edition

Each of these has one 10.0, three 9.9s and six 9.8s

While the UF4 "In God We Trust"Acetate Edition is one 10.0, five 9.9s and four 9.8s

How is it these guys are getting books graded that aren't even released yet, meanwhile regular customers are waiting upwards of a year for their books?  Something something big volume vendors paying a lot something something .

On 8/8/2022 at 11:38 PM, TTony said:

The booth sold the 10.0 for $2500.  I wonder who has it?

That’s a great investment… you could buy the actual first appearance for that much in 9.8.

Maybe this is a money laundering scheme.

On 8/9/2022 at 1:28 AM, Willbert said:

The Boston books are on the census right now.

Ghost Rider #1 2022 "Zymotica Vs" Acetate Edition

Deadpool Nerdy 30 #1 "99 Problems" Acetate Edition

Each of these has one 10.0, three 9.9s and six 9.8s

While the UF4 "In God We Trust"Acetate Edition is one 10.0, five 9.9s and four 9.8s

jesus christ, this is some shameful mess cgc