• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 4:19 PM, Red84 said:

I was set up at a convention once selling my original artwork which is collage where I use hundreds of pieces of comics to make the image. The guy set up next to me had the gall to accuse me of copyright infringement when all he was selling was simple drawings of individual comic book characters. What he was selling was clearly copyright infringement while what I was selling was artwork that was transformative fair use. Everyone seems to think they are lawyers.

Do you have pictures of those collages? Im curious how it looks!

On 8/9/2022 at 9:53 AM, mattn792 said:

All is Greggy, and Greggy is all.

I haven’t decided which is more disappointing: 

1.) CGC’s lack of responsibility, their lack of professionalism and complete arrogance about being wrong. 

2.) The comic community members who not only drank the Kool Aid, but brought sippy cups ! 

3.) The number of posts name dropping and memes containing Greggy…..nothing against Greg, but seriously, WTF is with all this attention on him ?!? 

I have some romance comics from the early 70's.  I wanted to let the community know I will attaching some light brown moisture stains to the cover and resubmitting for what I am sure will be 10.0's that I will be selling for the low price of $2000.00.  PM for photos of the manufacturing process. 

On 8/9/2022 at 2:23 PM, comicartfan said:

I haven’t decided which is more disappointing: 

1.) CGC’s lack of responsibility, their lack of professionalism and complete arrogance about being wrong.

Let's all make Cgc legit acetate 'variant' Marvel overstock hot covers to level the Capitalistic field:

On 8/8/2022 at 3:33 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Eclipse. Those were added by the publisher, right? 

If so, I can see why they'd grade blue. 

If not, then it's no different. 

The UF4 was a store owner stapling plastic to some old reprints. 

Lol... 

No. They were added a decade after Eclipse ceased publication altogether.

17 U.S.C. § 101 - U.S. Code : "A “derivative work” is a work based upon one or more preexisting works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which a work may be recast, transformed, or adapted.  A work consisting of editorial revisions.... is a “derivative work”."

The rights to derivative works are held by Marvel. Unauthorized Derivative works are prohibited under the copyright act.

I bet they wish they called it something different:

revision.jpg

Edited by DrunkWooky

On 8/9/2022 at 4:29 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

That video of the Black Flag owner where he sweats the cost of those UF4 bootlegs is likely because the price to obtain the 10.0 and 9.9s was worrisome to him.  

Is Black Flag still in possession of those 10.0 and 9.9's.  

9.9 sold

On 8/9/2022 at 4:56 PM, Rich Johnston said:

Even if CGC is okay with not dinging these because the cover artist had something to do with the creation of the acetate addition, if Marvel did not authorize this, as Bleeding Cool is reporting, then there's no good reason for CGC to denote that it's a specific edition ('"In God We Trust" Acetate Edition') rather than simply indicating "Acetate cover added after production," since this is not an official edition approved by the publisher.