• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 8:25 PM, Lazyboy said:

Wait... really?

That's how I feel about some of my posts to this point. I now see that there are people being left holding the "variant" bag by not having a place to sell them etc 

So there WAS more to this issue than the blue label. It took me a while to catch up.

Still I'm not sure if cgc will give another response, but I'd assume if so, it'll only be to the blue label as that is what is concerning them.

Idk if they will answer with all the other fluff being tossed, but we'll see.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/11/2022 at 9:25 PM, Lazyboy said:

Wait... really?

I don’t buy it. Danielle and I have talked comics for hours at nycc. There’s no way she doesn’t read them. Maybe she doesn’t read moderns (I know plenty of people who don’t) but she’s read the classics.

On 8/11/2022 at 8:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's how I feel about some of my posts to this point. I now see that there are people being left holding the "variant" bag by not having a place to sell them etc 

So there WAS more to this issue than the blue label. It took me a while to catch up.

Still I'm not sure if cgc will give another response, but I'd assume if so only to the blue label as that is what is concerning.

That and the amazing level's of 9.9's and 10.0 for 3 issues.

On 8/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, CJ Design said:

That and the amazing level's of 9.9's and 10.0 for 3 issues.

Go take a look at my thread. Over 3,000 copies of ghost rider were submitted before this variant. Not a single one EVER graded over 9.8. Magically 10 copies of this variant were submitted 1 10 and 3 9.9. Similar with the other two books (in one case there had been 2 9.9s previously, but again more 9.9’s in one submission than in the 1000s previously submitted.)

On 8/11/2022 at 10:35 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Sadly this just drags an unwitting noobie, influences by these flicknuckles to buy one for $3000 and think they have 'won' a bargain.

People should just report these items and leave these re-sellers out of pocket, and the influencers looking like mugs.

Or wankers.Or Cockwombles. Choose your own title - all are appropriate

Report these 'books' to ebay.

On 8/11/2022 at 9:39 PM, kav said:

Dang I tried talking about this with some friends at the coffeeshop but everyone just started edging away from me-

Like I’m supposed to believe you have friends :baiting: 

On 8/11/2022 at 9:36 PM, Beige said:

Sadly this just drags an unwitting noobie, influences by these flicknuckles to buy one for $3000 and think they have 'won' a bargain

Report these 'books' to ebay.

The current bid (Bid #31) is $25,100 for a non-graded copy. That's like a Amazing Fantasy #15 graded at a 4.0

Edited by cgcsketcherz

On 8/11/2022 at 9:21 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Better option…

@esquirecomics Mark, mind piping in on this mess?

I’m a bit more bullish now on my “greater than 0% chance he gets involved” post earlier. Place it around 35% chance now. 

On 8/11/2022 at 8:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Still I'm not sure if cgc will give another response, but I'd assume if so, it'll only be to the blue label as that is what is concerning them.

The number of seemingly paid for grades should be concerning to them too but that can never be admitted to.  It’s only the label color that can be acknowledged so I think you’re right that it will be the only thing addressed if anything at all.

On 8/11/2022 at 6:41 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

The current bid (Bid #31) is $25,100 for a non-graded copy. That's like a Amazing Fantasy #15 graded at a 4.0

wait what theyre sellin on ebay for $500-$1000