• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 9:41 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

The current bid (Bid #31) is $25,100 for a non-graded copy. That's like a Amazing Fantasy #15 graded at a 4.0

Lawyer people, if eBay pulls this listing because it deems it counterfeit, does the benefiting charity have any leg to stand on if it decides to file suit against eBay? CGC did deem this book to be authentic after all. eBay has a partnership with CGC to authenticate items. Also, could CGC also get roped into said hypothetical lawsuit?

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 8/11/2022 at 5:33 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Yes - and I don’t understand the huge valuation in a reprint. Then again, I think Sulver Surfer fantasy masterpiece reprints should only be worth $1, but they are worth much more than that. Somewhere along the line of the past 8 years, reprints have gained in value in a way I am not comprehending.

The originals keep getting more out of reach for many, so there's more demand for the reprints, which drives up the price. Basic economics. Also, reprints or not, Fantasy Masterpieces (v.2) is now over 40 years old!

Though there are definitely insufficiently_thoughtful_persons paying absurd amounts for some reprints.

On 8/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, awakeintheashes said:
On 8/11/2022 at 9:41 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

The current bid (Bid #31) is $25,100 for a non-graded copy. That's like a Amazing Fantasy #15 graded at a 4.0

Lawyer people, if eBay pulls this listing because it deems it counterfeit, does the charity have any leg to stand on if it decides to file suit against eBay? CGC did deem this book to be authentic after all. eBay has a partnership with CGC to authenticate items. Also, could CGC also get roped into said hypothetical lawsuit?

That seems really far fetched. And would it even be worth it to try and sue them?

On 8/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Lawyer people, if eBay pulls this listing because it deems it counterfeit, does the benefiting charity have any leg to stand on if it decides to file suit against eBay? CGC did deem this book to be authentic after all. eBay has a partnership with CGC to authenticate items. Also, could CGC also get roped into said hypothetical lawsuit?

Naw. If you want the reason why, my hourly rate is $1250.

On 8/11/2022 at 9:10 PM, manetteska said:

So who’s going to Boston Fan Expo tomorrow?

I'd like to imagine Matt Nelson and CGC's counsel, Marvel representatives and their counsel...
Especially if Bleeding Cool's conjecture as to the content on Ghost Rider #1 acetate cover is correct.

On 8/11/2022 at 10:03 PM, Troy Division said:
On 8/11/2022 at 9:10 PM, manetteska said:

So who’s going to Boston Fan Expo tomorrow?

I'd like to imagine Matt Nelson and CGC's counsel, Marvel representatives and their counsel...
Especially if Bleeding Cool's conjecture as to the content on Ghost Rider #1 acetate cover is correct.

Why would CGC be going? To apologize to the general public?

On 8/11/2022 at 8:53 PM, awakeintheashes said:

No because the hypothetical charity had no claim to that money.  eBay is supposed to adhere to their own terms of service to the best of their ability.

Edit: As you can probably guess I’m not a lawyer.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

On 8/11/2022 at 6:57 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Naw. If you want the reason why, my hourly rate is $1250.

$10 bucks will cover a 30 second answer-