• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

So...now that the 'rules' are clearly established, what is the over / under for artists to start using their comps and create 'bespoke' 10 copy runs of covers to sell at a premium.
Heck, they can even wait until CGC is at a show and do 1 of 1 Signature Series cover variants now I guess.
/s

This was a [noun] decision from the beginning until the 'end'.
The fact that a company that is valued at HALF A BILLION (with a B) DOLLARS has a message board moderator come out and handle this rather than anyone up the chain...
Speaks to the overall character of the leadership team.
Bush league.

Edited by Troy Division

On 8/12/2022 at 2:17 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Nah, CGC has basically gave them the green light now.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are out there popping bottles of champagne as they shake hands with the influencers.  

522420569_tenor-1(15).gif.4e65f0db04c8c587e748eb9e3bc156d9.gif

On 8/12/2022 at 4:07 PM, BoognishRises said:

Any truth to Black Flag only selling the 2 new acetates at Boston to dealers? Multiple people are saying they are not available to the public and just dealers were able to grab them.

unknown-20.png

I thought they were only releasing one variant per day of the convention?

364A4C82-5D23-428B-8420-5527D6921465.thumb.jpeg.4f62c0580720acc6c1fab0642d50bf75.jpeg

Edited by manetteska
added the picture

On 8/12/2022 at 4:43 PM, ExNihilo said:

Are they though?  The only thing that's clear to me is that CGC is writing the rules as they go along.

Yeah these are the rules of the day.  They’ve been changed several times just this week.  There will be several more changes next week no doubt and into the future.  Not what you want to see in a company that purports to do what they do.  Sell!  Sell!

Sure makes us look bad who applauded QC and graders Notes edit (with the amount of notes being lessened cause we noticed) being fixed. So it's not only @CGC Mike being thrown under the bus.

In the end at least I stuck my neck out for cgc for what appears to be improvements. I still will buy and sell, I don't know how acetate affects regular business, although I asked several times to confused reactions. Seems the only answer is when it comes to "variants" it's nothing new.

Further to THAT point, at least the general public has been made aware, voiced their concerns and now may decide for themselves.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Point being the cgc market is now established for what it is, different cliques of their are for there own consideration. "If" only variants, that is the way it's being described, it amazes me the feelings on the whole industry.

I'm trying to corelate so be patient.

But it needs to be restarted for me what the untruth of the blue label and why it's not variant exclusively.

On 8/12/2022 at 2:36 PM, Chasing_keys said:

Well they will possibly get alot of the other copies from people chasing the 10 grade. 

It will be funny when it gets to where  the numbers on the census are more than the "limited print run"