• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2022 at 11:26 AM, DrunkWooky said:

Made the “Top 10” for the second week in a row:

https://comicbookinvest.com/2022/08/12/hot-10-comics-309/

Really at this point they should do right by the hobby and quit listing this book. 

On 8/13/2022 at 12:21 PM, FFB said:
On 8/13/2022 at 11:26 AM, DrunkWooky said:

Made the “Top 10” for the second week in a row:

https://comicbookinvest.com/2022/08/12/hot-10-comics-309/

Those guys are clearly in cahoots with BF and CC.  That book was on that list before the book was even released.  

Just PM them and ask them to drop the book from the list. At this point there is no need to further give it attention.

On 8/13/2022 at 9:23 AM, Black_Adam said:

Very disappointed to wake up this morning and see this thread barely has a page of new posts. 

Yeah last night this thread was like the Black Flag both at Boston.. 

I've never posted on here before. My hope is that by posting something, along with the countless other 1st time posters here, CGC will take note of just how damaging this episode has been to their reputation.

I just can't understand how they landed at the belief that continuing to walk the line of arrogance and stubbornness is the right business decision here.

They still have an out. Blame it on a dumb low level marketing person who is responsible for this horrible chain of events and has since been fired. Don't even name them. But take the out, correct the mistake and stop trying to make the customers and collectors feel like we're the crazy ones.

I've submitted hundreds of books, bordering on 1k. I'm not submitting another book until this is fixed.

On 8/13/2022 at 8:39 AM, Cat said:

Poorly done again. It should be 'ain't one'. That's minor though. What is bigger is that it should be consistent between the style. Either all in numerals or all spelt out, not half and half. It looks weird and catches the eye because of that. Why are you so bad at this, Black Flag? You're bad at being bad. And somehow CGC is still worse! 

To be fair, it's not uncommon in style guides to spell out numbers up to ten, and use numerals above that.

On 8/13/2022 at 1:20 PM, valiantman said:

The total CGC Census on Feb. 8, 2022 was 7,149,920. The current CGC Census on Aug. 9, 2022 is 8,144,476, for a difference of 994,556.

In the same timeframe (six months), the CGC Census for comics from the 2020s has gone from 569,842 to 872,140, a difference of 302,298.

The percentage of CGC submissions in the past six months (the most recent one million submissions) which are comics from 2020, 2021, or 2022 is 30.4%.

Amazes me that modern tat with those kinds of stats are so low while economy is different. Maybe that is a sign of the turning point for cgc where they "need" more moderns to to be incentivized for grading? (shrug)

On 8/13/2022 at 2:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amazes me that modern tat with those kinds of stats are so low while economy is different. Maybe that is a sign of the turning point for cgc where they "need" more moderns to to be incentivized for grading? (shrug)

I would guess that they take less time to grade a Modern book, so even though the cost is less than economy, grading Moderns turns a better profit. I imagine that the trend in submissions is increasingly towards more recent Moderns, since they aren't printing more Golden, Silver, Bronze, etc. books, and as awareness of professional grading grows, the number of older books out there that are ungraded but worth grading dwindles. Unless an older book suddenly spikes from an obscure character getting a revival, sparking demand for an old book, there aren't as many old books to be submitted, unless a collection changes hands from someone not interested in the process.

Just poking the bear, huh? You guys gotta remember that Disney and Sonny Bono are the folks that lobbied Congress to extend the corporate ownership of copyrights. 

An MF-ing act of Congress! You think they won’t come after your tiny acetate for this type of Effery?

1BE68590-8483-45DF-B080-2619C8B31532.jpeg

On 8/13/2022 at 10:17 AM, ak47po said:

Sucker born every minute. 

So he bought it at C2E2...and then turned around to sell it...and made $150.  No offense, but dude looks like he's in his moms basement (but I guess a lot of people film in sparsely decorated spaces).

Edited by ExNihilo