• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2022 at 12:20 PM, Axelrod said:

I mean, you're answering your own question. 

I didn't have an actual question for myself on it. This isn't about ME. 

You see something and now you don't want to do business with that company any more.  The fact your personal denial of business has no effect on the company's bottom line isn't really the point.  People are vegetarian for ethical reasons despite knowing that their individual decision not to buy a hamburger has no impact at all on McDonalds. 

This has absolutely no effect on what my current relationship with CGC is right now. I'm not saying I won't do business with them. That's what others have said. 

Some people just don't want to deal with shady people/companies - even if the people/companies aren't even shady/unethical 100% of the time (I mean, that would be something if they were).  CGC isn't fudging all the grades they give out.  Just the ones for the "prominent members of the collecting community," I imagine. 

Like, I won't ever buy from a Heritage Auction because the owner is a crook.  He could care less.  

Unfortunately the history of this hobby is: 'Cool books' > 'Ethics'. 

On 8/14/2022 at 10:21 PM, southern cross said:

Question.

When Marvel reprints Ultimate fallout issue 4 and a new artist does the cover the new artist is paid by Marvel.

Does the original creative team that worked inside the book get royalties for the $3.99 times 3000 print run?

If yes then what percentage were the original creative team inside the book paid when the book was re-released and the price was $85- $100 a copy?

Just a thought!

Marvel is selling the book to the retailer for $3.99 minus their retailer discount. The creative team has never received a cut from anything but that original number.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:20 AM, Axelrod said:

I mean, you're answering your own question.  You see something and now you don't want to do business with that company any more.  The fact your personal denial of business has no effect on the company's bottom line isn't really the point.  People are vegetarian for ethical reasons despite knowing that their individual decision not to buy a hamburger has no impact at all on McDonalds. 

Some people just don't want to deal with shady people/companies - even if the people/companies aren't even shady/unethical 100% of the time (I mean, that would be something if they were).  CGC isn't fudging all the grades they give out.  Just the ones for the "prominent members of the collecting community," I imagine. 

Like, I won't ever buy from a Heritage Auction because the owner is a crook.  He could care less.  

I've submitted one comic to CGC ever. I own probably 6? Definitely single digits. I just like raw books better. You can read them. 

On 8/15/2022 at 12:28 PM, Prince Namor said:

I didn't have an actual question for myself on it. This isn't about ME. 

This has absolutely no effect on what my current relationship with CGC is right now. I'm not saying I won't do business with them. That's what others have said. 

Sorry, I didn't mean "you" personally.  It was more a rhetorical "you."  Because you seemed to be expressing confusion about why someone who "saw something they previously hadn't realized" concerning a company they had been doing business with might choose to stop doing business with that company.  

On 8/15/2022 at 1:00 PM, DrunkWooky said:

“We really don’t have anything to do with this issue” (Copyright holders would beg to differ in their court filings. )

Yes, I was surprised but Lego has been pretty successful in getting eBay to remove all the counterfeit and bootleg lego product off site. 

On 8/15/2022 at 12:42 PM, The Meta said:

A company that has a CEO that publicly says Bro, is a company I want nothing to do with 

Exactly what I was going to say. I’ll never sell on there after seeing that one word in that sentence