• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2022 at 5:21 PM, Superman2006 said:

I just did a search and found that there are still a bunch on there; some newly listed, and one that ends in an hour.

I must have had the wrong search query - are they still being shilled into the thousands?

On 8/20/2022 at 6:47 PM, Dr. Balls said:
On 8/20/2022 at 6:21 PM, Superman2006 said:

I just did a search and found that there are still a bunch on there; some newly listed, and one that ends in an hour.

I must have had the wrong search query - are they still being shilled into the thousands?

Yeah, that's possible. If I search on <ultimate fallout 4 acetate> I get 31 search results, but none if I include CGC in the search i.e. <ultimate fallout 4 acetate CGC>.  11 of the 31 are auctions, with none of them having been shilled for over $1K.

On 8/20/2022 at 2:50 PM, Kabuki said:

I only collect golden,  silver and bronze age comics.  That Black Flag acetate is trash.  Will be worthless soon if not last week. 

@1950's war comics

On 8/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, Superman2006 said:

Yeah, that's possible. If I search on <ultimate fallout 4 acetate> I get 31 search results, but none if I include CGC in the search i.e. <ultimate fallout 4 acetate CGC>.  11 of the 31 are auctions, with none of them having been shilled for over $1K.

I went pretty basic, mine was “ultimate fallout 4 Crain” - which only pulled up his non-acetate covers.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:06 PM, Dr. Balls said:
On 8/20/2022 at 6:54 PM, Superman2006 said:

I went pretty basic, mine was “ultimate fallout 4 Crain” - which only pulled up his non-acetate covers.

I guess the selling point must be the acetate, ha ha!

On 8/20/2022 at 7:10 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I may have missed someone else pointing this out but it appears all the bootlegs have been scrubbed from Ebay.

They still there.  lots of them

On 8/19/2022 at 2:35 PM, BladeTX said:

Anyone what to give an over/under when this will hit 500 pages? 😂

One can only hope that we keep the pressure up that long that CGC is constantly reminded of it's wrongdoing.

On 8/19/2022 at 9:08 PM, toro said:

I don't know why I thought they would put out a new statement today.  It would have been a perfect day,.C2E2 and Boston is in the rear view mirror, the Marvel reminder email has settled.  This past Friday would have been the perfect time for the communications department to send out the press release stating essentially "We screwed up"  But I guess that is not ever coming.

They did put out a statement.  It was the usual "here's our exclusive signing".  :tonofbricks:

On 8/20/2022 at 11:30 PM, DrunkWooky said:

I can’t believe nobody’s post Liefeld’s seemingly unironic new acetate he has on offer…

0F00841E-8B10-4CB7-AC71-37106A038340.jpeg

EE011D08-00FB-4DD8-80B5-9BD2182E12BF.jpeg

I really wish he’d make an acetate overlay for xforce #1. I’d love to see what he’d add. All I’d want is the acetate, we all have dozens and dozens of xforce 1s, I’d be happy to staple it together myself.