• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pontoon’s Boston Comic Con Report from Days of Yore

13 posts in this topic

Ryan’s Boston FanExpo 2022 thread inspired me to resurrect a few of my old Boston Comic Con threads so we can take a trip down memory lane to the good old days. These are my 2015, 2016 and 2017 threads. I think 2017 was the last I wrote.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/370915-pontoons-boston-comic-con-report-2015/

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/398809-pontoons-boston-comic-con-report-2016/

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/420119-pontoons-boston-comic-con-report-2017/

On 8/13/2022 at 2:21 PM, Ryan. said:

lol we've been complaining about the dwindling comics and increasing non-comics booths for years.

Yep that's why I started doing my own comic book show I got tired of paying for conventions with little comics.

Southern Indiana Comic Book Show | Facebook

Edited by fastballspecial

On 8/13/2022 at 2:21 PM, Ryan. said:

lol we've been complaining about the dwindling comics and increasing non-comics booths for years.

Yes my last few cons have very little comics and were more t shirt vendors, wrestling, autographs, and other
such. As a dealer I would be pissed because many are not the target audience. So I started my own.

newflyer.thumb.JPG.868c7594ca745b34acbc7aab1fc2c8fc.JPG

How's the garden doing?

On 8/11/2017 at 7:05 PM, Dick Pontoon said:

Vegetables have been doing great overall. Cucumbers and zucchini are rockin', more than we can keep up with eating. Tomatoes are mostly coming in nicely; the heirlooms are growing like crazy but the Early Girl hybrids are pooping out this year.

BCC2017tomatoes.jpg

On 8/13/2022 at 9:04 PM, fastballspecial said:

Yes my last few cons have very little comics and were more t shirt vendors, wrestling, autographs, and other
such. As a dealer I would be pissed because many are not the target audience. So I started my own.

hm

On 8/13/2022 at 8:04 PM, fastballspecial said:

Im trying to make it next week from St Louis, but might have to move my inlaws… my priorities tell me its comic book show time!

On 8/14/2022 at 11:04 AM, fastballspecial said:

You must have a hell of a marketing budget getting one of the Kardashians to model for your flyer. 

On 8/13/2022 at 9:44 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

How's the garden doing?

Funny you should ask! It looks like we've had fusarium wilt the last few years so I didn't plant this year and am attempting a combination of solarizing and tarping the soil in an attempt to eradicate it. I did plant a few tomatoes elsewhere in the yard but the crop has been small. We've been having a bad drought this year and in the past week some critter, likely a squirrel, has decimated the the toms that were ripening.