• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My comic doesn't have defects, it has character! Show us the worst condition comic in your collection
5 5

89 posts in this topic

I wish I'd saved the scan of the comic I'm thinking of.

Sometime between 2013 and 2018, MCS sold a 181 with a notable defect: Wolverine had been removed from the cover with UnCaNnY precision! I don't know if the absence counts as ironic, but it's certainly tragic.

Any chance you remember that cover and can post it, Conan?

@mycomicshop

On 8/16/2022 at 9:34 AM, marvelmaniac said:

Where do you want me to start?

I just recently wanted to see how many "Well Loved" copies I had in my 2000 book collection.(All are Raw except 1)

Coverless-1, Remaindered-10, PR 0.5-19, FR 1.0-68, FR/GD 1.5-156, GD- 1.8-86

Here are some examples...(Click on the pic for a larger image)

Amazing-Spider-Man-3-PR-0-5.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-4-PR-0-5.jpg

Daredevil-1-FR-1-0.jpg

Journey-Into-Mystery-78-PR0-5.jpg

Journey-Into-Mystery-80-PR0-5.jpg

Journey-Into-Mystery-81-PR0-5.jpg

Journey-Into-Mystery-82-PR0-5.jpg

Rawhide-Kid-17-PR-0-5-FR-1-0.jpg

Tales-Of-Suspense-16-PR0-5.jpg

Tales-To-Astonish-44-FR-1-0.jpg

::please oh please have a story about the damage:: 🤞

On 8/16/2022 at 11:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

GetImage.aspx?c=3971293&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=OC8xNi8yMDIyIDEyOjE3OjUwIFBN

same with this one, I replaced the back cover pic with something more fun due to mostly the front being "what matters" 

Tell me you still own this?

Edited by KirbyTown

On 8/16/2022 at 11:35 AM, KirbyTown said:

Tell me you still own this?

Spoiler

GetImage.aspx?c=3971287&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=OC8xNi8yMDIyIDEyOjQwOjIyIFBN

I do, I own what's in spoiler as well.

I had found those two the #134 and the #234, along with a raggedy Detective #395 and a Bats #244.

The plan was since they are "under copies" that I would send them to Neal for Sketch and signature series to have both blue label and SS'd.

It wasn't cheap at about $220 per book. So I only sent these 2 at the first CGC inhouse signing, and unfortunately but understandably, there wasn't another RIP.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I traded like 8 to 9 slabs for the Avengers 0.5, but I argued that it was at least "COMPLETE" even though it had tape.

a lot of the comparatively 0.5's out there had something "missing" or were "incomplete" at 0.5 (thumbsu

Spoiler

X-Men 266 cgc ss 8.0 Claremont newsie, New mutants 98 7.0 direct, Batman adventures 12 direct cgc 8.5, Secret wars 8 direct 8.5. I threw in X-Men #134 in blue cgc 7.5, and a certain 9.2 Batman Harley Quinn 1999 #nn, this and ASM 344 direct 9.8! 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/15/2022 at 9:36 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Let's embrace & celebrate their imperfections as making them unique and interesting.

I enjoy the human aspect of collectibles; mint stuff is interesting to see, but it lacks the charm. An old comic with the perfect complementary patina can be just as elusive as a really nice copy.

Edited by KirbyTown