• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found my No-Prize

11 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2022 at 7:42 PM, Hiro said:

Recently found my No Prize. Got it in '78. Think the letter I sent about a mistake in the comic had something
to do with the Marvel Team-Up issue with Saturday Night Live. Not sure exactly what it was about.
Think that they had Chevy Chase as one of the cast and I pointed out that he had left. Not a huge
thing, but was probably important to me at the time and was surprised to receive the No-Prize.

My cousin had an interior design company in LA in the 80s - 90s and was doing work for Stan and his wife.
I gave him this and a couple of other things to get Stan to sign them. Nice to have and thought it
was great that I got an Excelsior! from Stan!

Couldn't find a No-Prize, but show em if you got em...

IMG_5659.jpeg

:x:peace::cheers:

On 9/4/2022 at 8:42 PM, Hiro said:

Recently found my No-Prize. Got it in '78. Think the letter I sent about a mistake in the comic had something
to do with the Marvel Team-Up issue with Saturday Night Live. Not sure exactly what it was about.
Think that they had Chevy Chase as one of the cast and I pointed out that he had left. Not a huge
thing, but was probably important to me at the time and was surprised to receive the No-Prize.

My cousin had an interior design company in LA in the 90s and was doing work for Stan and his wife.
I gave him this and a couple of other things to get Stan to sign them. Nice to have and thought it

Couldn't find a No-Prize thread, but show em if you got em...

IMG_5659.jpeg

:headbang:

I wasn't old enough, nor young, to send off and get a "no prize" per se, but I'll join the conversation that I wrote into Nintendo Power and other gaming media. Still early enough that there was no way to know right away if they even read it lol , unless you picked up everything sequential off the rack.

Even Mag's on the rack back then had a lot more to offer in way of getting out buzz! :headbang:

I don't recall ever getting mail back that they were or were not going to use it lol That would be so cool if publications still did that in some way!

Whether it be a retweet @Crops068 has, and him and @BladeTX have got in Walking Dead letter pages. It IS FUN to reminisce! :banana: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/4/2022 at 5:42 PM, Hiro said:

Recently found my No-Prize. Got it in '78. Think the letter I sent about a mistake in the comic had something

My cousin had an interior design company in LA in the 90s and was doing work for Stan and his wife.

IMG_5659.jpeg

Thats very cool !!  A piece of comic history that includes you....  PERSONALLY !!  

On 9/5/2022 at 1:42 AM, Hiro said:

IMG_5659.jpeg

It's the little Hulk reading a mag logo that got me totally hooked on Marvel, back when I was 8. And that was 50 years ago. Still hooked. 

On 9/4/2022 at 6:42 PM, Hiro said:

IMG_5659.jpeg

Very cool.

Congrats.

When I started collecting seriously in 1977, one of the titles that was distributed to the UK was Marvel Team-Up, and I liked the nice run of Claremont / Byrne issues.  Being British and never having seen SNL on our TV back then, I was absolutely clueless about who the Not Ready For Prime Time Players were, thought the issue looked rubbish, and passed on it.  

Yes, I'd know better now.

Edited by Ken Aldred

That No Prize is great! When I was a kid, I wanted one so badly, because that would mean that I achieved the rank of Titanic True Believer, which would qualify me for Permanent Marvelite Maximum. But it was never to be. :(