• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatever happened to... (Boardies from yesteryear)
7 7

154 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2022 at 5:09 AM, GACollectibles said:

I didn't, rec room has internets access now.

Our tax dollars well spent.  At least computers don't have sharp edges.

On 11/17/2022 at 5:09 AM, GACollectibles said:

Excellent, I look forward to it.  And remember, as a long absent boardie once said,  don't let facts get in the way of a good post!

At this point, I don't think an apology would do any good......since it appears I'm still doing it. 

On 11/17/2022 at 4:35 PM, Domo Arigato said:

At this point, I don't think an apology would do any good......since it appears I'm still doing it. 

lol

(in my best Indigo Montoya voice)

I do not think "I'm still doing it" means what you think it means.

On 11/17/2022 at 3:46 PM, GACollectibles said:

lol

(in my best Indigo Montoya voice)

I do not think "I'm still doing it" means what you think it means.

I think you misunderstood.....I'm not still doing it to all of them.....just to one.

(I've heard the "one" is now institutionalized with internet access)

On 11/17/2022 at 9:27 PM, DiceX said:

I'm still living, my brother! I hope you are doing well. I rarely get out of my own back yard these days.

I did just finish writing and drawing my first comic book, due to ship out in early January. It will be a ten issue story that I hope to pitch to Netflix once it is finished. :takeit:
You can see the info about the comic HERE!

Best wishes to you all! I miss your smiling...avatars. Hopefully one day we can all catch up soon over a beer or...beverage of your choice. :foryou:

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH! Dice! Thanks for the update, man - I’m checking out your book right now - congrats!

On 11/17/2022 at 10:33 PM, Dr. Balls said:

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH! Dice! Thanks for the update, man - I’m checking out your book right now - congrats!

Are you still running the burger restaurant or have you decided to retire?

On 11/17/2022 at 8:27 PM, DiceX said:

I'm still living, my brother! I hope you are doing well. I rarely get out of my own back yard these days.

I did just finish writing and drawing my first comic book, due to ship out in early January. It will be a ten issue story that I hope to pitch to Netflix once it is finished. :takeit:

Best wishes to you all! I miss your smiling...avatars. Hopefully one day we can all catch up soon over a beer or...beverage of your choice. :foryou:

Is there a way to order copies now?  Or only in January?

On 11/17/2022 at 11:06 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Is there a way to order copies now?  Or only in January?

You order now. The books will be printed mid/late December. Order fulfillment will happen in early January.

There is a PDF option as an add-on. I've not decided if I'm going to wait until books ship to send those out or not. That's where I'm leaning at this time.

On 11/17/2022 at 11:27 PM, DiceX said:

No acetate version?:baiting:

Miss ya Dicey :hi:

On 11/17/2022 at 9:35 PM, DiceX said:

Are you still running the burger restaurant or have you decided to retire?

Yep - the Burger Life for Me. I love it, though - wouldn’t trade it for anything. The comic looks great, and you blew past your funding goal, which is totally awesome. Putting together your own book is really cool - I’ve wanted to do that my whole adult life, I like seeing people achieve that, because it ain’t easy!

On 11/18/2022 at 5:09 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

No acetate version?:baiting:

Miss ya Dicey :hi:

Hey, brother! All copies will have an invisible acetate cover. It should help the grades. :applause:

Hope you're doing well. Good to see you still hanging around this place.

On 11/18/2022 at 6:02 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Yep - the Burger Life for Me. I love it, though - wouldn’t trade it for anything. The comic looks great, and you blew past your funding goal, which is totally awesome. Putting together your own book is really cool - I’ve wanted to do that my whole adult life, I like seeing people achieve that, because it ain’t easy!

Glad you still enjoy it. Going to your burger place is on my bucket list. One day, my friend!

Doing the book was a stupid amount of work, but I can see the finish line. I can't wait for everyone to read it. I have a huge test audience at work and they all LOVE it! It was worth the work, though. You'd be proud of yourself if you do it. You talk to countless people who are working on their own comic book, but only a handful who actually do it. It's tough, but worth the journey!