• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Spawn movie coming!
1 1

18 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2022 at 1:11 PM, Phicks said:

It’s really getting sad the way McFarlane keeps flogging this idea for another Spawn movie.   

I think it's more the idea of a Spawn cinematic universe. Everybody needs to drop that idea. It worked for Marvel, and it should have worked for DC. There's not many more comic-oriented choices you can get away with, if any. 

On 10/7/2022 at 9:11 PM, Phicks said:

It’s really getting sad the way McFarlane keeps flogging this idea for another Spawn movie.   

Beating the bush for potential investors, maybe? How much do you have to have in your pocket for a “cinematic universe”? $500M? $1B?

Despite all the action figures and POGS he’s sold, my guess is that he’s going to need to convince a movie studio to jump in to get it done.

On 10/8/2022 at 2:40 AM, Cat said:

I think it's more the idea of a Spawn cinematic universe. Everybody needs to drop that idea. It worked for Marvel, and it should have worked for DC. There's not many more comic-oriented choices you can get away with, if any. 

Yup

Stop trying to create an entire universe, and focus on making an amazing Spawn movie.  

Knock it out of the park, and the investors will come.

On 10/9/2022 at 11:34 AM, fastballspecial said:

Right this has been going on for awhile now.

Unfortunately. 
I would love an animated Spawn series inspired live action!

However…

Todd is a marketing python (and an ego maniac).

At this point it’s hard to believe anything that isn’t proven in true form, rather than just words. 

Todd has also talked about how, a creator’s creation that outlives their creator is every creator’s dream.

So it’s also hard to imagine he isn’t also playing a game to get Spawn bought out, similarly to TMNT, hop on as creative director and advisor, and lock in Spawn’s longevity once he’s gone.

I think as it sits right now, Spawn disappears when Todd passes away. 

Edited by D2

On 10/11/2022 at 12:18 PM, ak47po said:

Good link, thanks for posting that.

I will say, Todd is saying all the right things, and if he stays true to his words here, I think his approach is sound as well.

Best of luck to him, I hope this turns out to be a sensational project. My inner child would be very happy.

On 10/11/2022 at 7:36 PM, D2 said:

Good link, thanks for posting that.

I will say, Todd is saying all the right things, and if he stays true to his words here, I think his approach is sound as well.

Best of luck to him, I hope this turns out to be a sensational project. My inner child would be very happy.

Yes, thank you very much

Yeah, I'm waiting for Todd's final result and looking forward to "testing" it. My soul would be very satisfied to see already this masterpiece. I am studying at the acting college, and I frequently receive enough assignments to do film analysis or to write essay examples about subjects like the history of Hollywood and so on. Therefore, I get help from https://studyhippo.com/essay-examples/film-analysis/ because my imagination is still developing and needs inspirational resources. So, I am waiting to analyze and write about this new spawn movie.

Edited by RonaldMcCurdy