• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal institutes $2500 fine for anyone who promotes "misinformation" and then pulls the rule after massive public backlash.
8 8

401 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2022 at 11:26 AM, MAR1979 said:

IMHO this topic does not belong in Comics General. Seems suited for The Water Cooler.

@CGC Mike what is your opinion?

Mike is watching this thread. He's been commenting, cleaning it up, ridding the troll multiple times, etc.

Seems he's already established it's ok to be in CG.

• Administrator
On 10/12/2022 at 1:00 PM, CAHokie said:
On 10/12/2022 at 12:31 PM, jaybuck43 said:

if I asked CGC mike why @Buzzettahadn't been banned

I have been asking that for years and demand answers! :sumo:

I recommend having @Domo Arigato start a poll.

Who defines generally accepted knowledge is humanity.  The single greatest creation of human beings is our ever growing archive of knowledge, accumulated over the centuries and from around the globe, and stored since the dawn of humanity in multiple ways.  As an example, the aseptic techniques required to minimize the risk of transmitting infectious pathogens to patients undergoing surgical procedures are well established and include a set of barrier methods, such as the use of sterile gloves, sterile gowns, sterile masks, sterile drapes, and protective wrappers on sterilized instruments.

As for private companies, it's their own business, so long as it breaks no laws or established ethical lines.  Consumers, of course, maintain the freedom to decide whether or not to work with whatever businesses they choose.  I've used PayPal this year doing some selling on the Boards, and the next time I've got a sale ready will have to make a decision on payment options that will include their policies at the time.  I've contemplated already setting up a cryptocurrency wallet for accepting payments as a possible alternative. [Venmo is a security risk of a no deal for me].

Edited by namisgr

On 10/12/2022 at 1:11 PM, namisgr said:

Who defines generally accepted knowledge is humanity.  The single greatest creation of human beings is our ever growing archive of knowledge, accumulated over the centuries and from around the globe, and stored since the dawn of humanity in multiple ways.

As for private companies, it's their own business, so long as it breaks no laws or established ethical lines.  Consumers, of course, maintain the freedom to decide whether or not to work with whatever businesses they choose.

So they are establishing their own "ethical lines".

I feel like I want to drag out Yoda (the adult one not the baby one...although the baby one is cuter) and have him make some wise, profound remark about the differences in perception about that kind of stuff lately.

On 10/12/2022 at 11:23 AM, skypinkblu said:

I feel like I want to drag out Yoda (the adult one not the baby one...although the baby one is cuter) and have him make some wise, profound remark about the differences in perception about that kind of stuff lately.

How about Yoda saying this to PayPal.....(shrug)

The Butthurt Is Strong.jpeg

On 10/12/2022 at 1:23 PM, skypinkblu said:

I was referring to business practices in relation to societal ethical lines.  Nobody with any sanity is looking to PayPal to be a societal leader in ethics.  But if their practices break neither laws or societal ethical lines, what's left is for consumers to decide who to do their business with.  The company is under no obligation to do something on behalf of a customer that violates their policies.

Edited by namisgr

On 10/12/2022 at 10:23 AM, skypinkblu said:

You don't have your own ethical lines?

On 10/12/2022 at 6:45 AM, F For Fake said:

Well, you can still use Paypal, you just can't use it for eBay sales.

what are you saying - I havent sold on ebay in a while if I sell something where does the money go?