• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal institutes $2500 fine for anyone who promotes "misinformation" and then pulls the rule after massive public backlash.
8 8

401 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2022 at 4:51 PM, kav said:

The first thing a tyrannical society does is erase history.  The very first thing.

Hmmmm......??  Remember all them statues across the country that got torn down a couple years ago hm

There was more than one in Portland Oregon.  

On 10/12/2022 at 5:13 PM, VintageComics said:

My entire family is from behind the iron curtain and a large portion of my social circles are as well. My parents both escaped (literally) and left everything behind.  People my age are first generation here so most of us have experienced it first hand. 

Not ONE SINGLE person I know who has ties to the iron curtain approves of what's happening. Not one.

Conversely, MOST who  have zero connection to the iron curtain DO approve. 

There's something to that.

Whether people choose to see it, or maybe more accurately allow themselves to see it or not is entirely another thing. 

Throughout history, those that enable tyranny - even just 'innocent' members of society - are complicit.

There are people in this very thread either advocating for or playing apologist for Big Tech. I just don't get it. 

As @TupennyConan once said: Watch and listen carefully who says what now. :D

"Those are the rules"
"We were just following orders"

On 10/12/2022 at 6:24 PM, Domo Arigato said:

But I simply don't have the time to deal with polls anymore.  Right now, I'm focusing all of my attention on being the best friend to ttfitz that this forum has ever had the pleasure of witnessing.  Does anybody think that's easy?  Pretending to like someone with a massive goiter on his neck is far from it.

That's my head.

On 10/12/2022 at 7:01 PM, namisgr said:

I like that new Silver Surfer in robins egg blue avatar...

Thanks ! 

It was from a few pages of art I purchased in the last Heritage animation auction.  If you want, check them out here as I have not added them to my CAF yet.  Still very happy with this grab. 

On 10/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, jaybuck43 said:

@VintageComics  @namisgr @CAHokie

I need to make a correction. @Buzzettatexted me an excellent question, what exactly qualifies as an active account. I did some digging and PayPal defines it as an individual who is registered with PayPal and has completed a transaction within the last 12 months. So that means if a ton of people walked away from the company in December 2021 because of the tax change, they’d still count as active users until January 2023. Similarly if anyone leaves because of this policy, we wouldn’t see it until almost 2024. So no analysis can be drawn from the lack of decrease in users.

I appreciate your due diligence.  I know we will never know the real number but would love to have a snapshot of those first 72 hours. You know they know exactly…

I need to make a correction. @Buzzettatexted me an excellent question, what exactly qualifies as an active account. I did some digging and PayPal defines it as an individual who is registered with PayPal and has completed a transaction within the last 12 months. So that means if a ton of people walked away from the company in December 2021 because of the tax change, they’d still count as active users until January 2023. Similarly if anyone leaves because of this policy, we wouldn’t see it until almost 2024. So no analysis can be drawn from the lack of decrease in users.

Jason is my Wise Man.   So as the "Head of the Table", I will consult with him as needed. 

Okay nap time for real... as I watch the lesser of the two Khans make more of a mess while the Cucamonga Kids continue to be sidelined for their action.  Hopefully the Acclaimed and the return of the Devil will continue to send the crowd home happy regardless of whatever Chris Irvine does. 

Maybe Mr. Very Nice and Very Evil... will return later. 

On 10/12/2022 at 8:47 PM, Buzzetta said:

Jason is my Wise Man.   So as the "Head of the Table", I will consult with him as needed. 

Okay nap time for real... as I watch the lesser of the two Khans make more of a mess while the Cucamonga Kids continue to be sidelined for their action.  Hopefully the Acclaimed and the return of the Devil will continue to send the crowd home happy regardless of whatever Chris Irvine does. 

Maybe Mr. Very Nice and Very Evil... will return later. 

I’ll pop if Larry comes down the aisle to sit in a steel chair with ace.

I don't think you see people really walk away until they are sent that 1099 in early 2023 or are audited sometime after that.   Like I said, I am already seeing a shift in the Facebook online toy collector groups. 

On 10/12/2022 at 8:48 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I’ll pop if Larry comes down the aisle to sit in a steel chair with ace.

Outlaw

Bullshenanigan

Mudshow.

On 10/12/2022 at 7:38 PM, VintageComics said:

In that case, publishing a rule that projects an ideology may alienate one part of a fan base but actually attract another. 

And even temporarily publishing that rule and then retracting it can totally virtue signal their position to a segment of society what their corporate beliefs are and attract that very segment that approves. 

That actually may not be a bad business business move if the business realizes they can't have all the customers but they're willing to attract HALF of them loyally by offering a service that polarizes the population. 

Kind of like a club. Or an association. Or a group.  :D

Or even a clique perhaps....

#folowthescience :D

BTW, thanks for being transparent about that. 

I wonder if anyone will remember to check back in 2024 and see who was right. :baiting:

On 10/12/2022 at 7:36 PM, ttfitz said:
On 10/12/2022 at 5:24 PM, Domo Arigato said:

But I simply don't have the time to deal with polls anymore.  Right now, I'm focusing all of my attention on being the best friend to ttfitz that this forum has ever had the pleasure of witnessing.  Does anybody think that's easy?  Pretending to like someone with a massive goiter on his neck is far from it.  

That's my head.

I seriously need to stop offering these pro bono services. :facepalm:

2002443704_ShrunkenHead.jpg.f7063efc3611524fdcfe2a83c34f2b8b.jpg

On 10/13/2022 at 10:05 AM, Senormac said:

Hmmmm......??  Remember all them statues across the country that got torn down a couple years ago hm

There's a rather large difference, but I can't go into it. 

On 10/12/2022 at 8:05 PM, Senormac said:

What do you know of their history?

On 10/12/2022 at 6:37 PM, namisgr said:

What do you know of their history?

that it is history-and as such should never be erased.