• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awesome games that are awesome
2 2

84 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2022 at 7:56 PM, Ken Aldred said:

- Demon Souls 

- Dark Souls(thumbsu

- Bloodborne(thumbsu

Haven't done Elden Ring yet.(thumbsu

Also Dead Space trilogy

On 10/11/2022 at 12:59 AM, thehumantorch said:

Elden Ring is wonderful although I often want to toss my controller through the tv.

With From Software games you have to do your best to make peace with the fact you're going to die, and die, and die.

I find it's always a good idea to stop playing, go away, and have a think about some alternative strategy for a while.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/11/2022 at 1:02 AM, s-man said:

Also Dead Space trilogy

Absolutely.  A great series.  The PS3 games still look fantastic, and I'm interested in the remake of Dead Space 1, and the similar-looking Callisto Protocol, which is from part of the team involved with developing the originals. 1 and 2 are superb science-fiction survival horror classics. Difficult to explain the self-defensive strategic dismemberment gameplay to a non-gamer without sounding a bit mental.  And, I agree about including the last game, which although it doesn't have quite the same claustrophobic intensity of the others is still a highly-playable third person shooter; more Necromorphs, easier to kill, but the final Tau Volantis section is good, and Dead Space's version of John Carpenter's The Thing. The first two are exceptional though, up there with the best of Resident Evil.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Too many to list, but I’ll go with one favorite for each PlayStation console. lol

PS1…Resident Evil

PS2…Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance (still have it too)

PS3…Kingdoms of Amalur

PS4…No Man’s Sky

PS5…jury is still out

Edited by Galen130

On 10/10/2022 at 8:14 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Absolutely.  A great series.  The PS3 games still look fantastic, and I'm interested in the remake of Dead Space 1, and the similar-looking Callisto Protocol, which is from some of the team involved with developing the originals. 1 and 2 are superb science-fiction survival horror classics. Difficult to explain the self-defensive strategic dismemberment gameplay to a non-gamer without sounding a bit mental.  And, I agree about including the last game, which although it doesn't have quite the same claustrophobic intensity of the others, it's still a highly-playable third person shooter; more Necromorphs, easier to kill, but the final Tau Volantis section is good, and Dead Space's version of John Carpenter's The Thing. The first two are exceptional though, up there with the best of Resident Evil.

I've only watched playthroughs of this series, but they've all been very entertaining 

On 10/10/2022 at 7:11 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Extremely underrated.  Excellent RPG, with superb graphics.

Agreed.  I have no interest in the remaster.  Did that once with Diablo 2 Resurrected.  It's still broken a year later.

No more remastered games for me!!! :pullhair:

On 10/11/2022 at 2:16 AM, Galen130 said:

Agreed.  I have no interest in the remaster.  Did that once with Diablo 2 Resurrected.  It's still broken a year later.

The Kingdoms of Amalur remaster seemed a bit pointless as it already looked superb and ran well on PS3.

The first game I played on PS5 was the Mass Effect Legendary Edition PS4 remaster, which was fantastic. Easily my all-time favourite RPG.  To be fair though, I'd never played Mass Effect 1 (which was 360 only for a while and eventually had a terrible PS3 conversion) and it also included a lot of DLC which I'd never played before. Sometimes, as with PS5 Demon Souls and the earlier PS4 Dark Souls remasters they can be worth it, those especially to overcome frame rate issues.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/10/2022 at 9:16 PM, Galen130 said:

I've played Diablo 2 for about 5 minutes. I just can't get into it

I'm more excited to be home and run around Skyrim leveling up to get my last trophy (Legendary dragon) and starting yet another netrunner on  CyberPunk 

There have been a lot of games for the PS5 that were revamped from their PS4 version, which is mostly what I’ve been playing.  There are only a handful of big games developed specifically for the PS5, one being Horizon Forbidden West.  Looks great…few glitches.

The next game specifically designed to take full advantage of the PS5’s capabilities is Forspoken, but it was pushed back to January 2023.  Another one is Returnal, but it didn’t interest me.  It’s supposed to be the first game to take full advantage of all that the PS5 offers.

That’s why the jury is still out on which game is my favorite at this point for the PS5.  God of War Ragnarok will be my next big game.  We’ll see how it looks.  Until then, it’s my free copy of Warframe that gets my full attention. lol

On 10/11/2022 at 2:30 AM, Galen130 said:

There have been a lot of games for the PS5 that were revamped from their PS4 version, which is mostly what I’ve been playing.

Absolutely.  I only have two PS5 games; Demon Souls and Guardians of the Galaxy, which I managed to find heavily discounted.

PS4 games can look superb on the PS5, with many given free performance upgrades for running on the PS5. Also, I don't mind being a generation behind as it allows me to pick up a lot of high quality games cheaply, £10 to £15 range.