• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Fall Edition (#4) Round 2
9 9

143 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2022 at 8:26 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

In accordance with the rules as laid down, and having registered as an active, valid participant, duly confirmed by the organiser on behalf of the site hosts, and in recognition of a somewhat disappointing first entry for round one, the first of five overall, in which some mistakes were made - to be fair, due to having to submit guesses based on rather small mobile phone images, itself not an excuse as such, but worth pointing out to the participants at large - I have, after giving full consideration to the second round images provided, and with much greater focus and scrutiny this time around, submitted my grades for this, the second round of the Fall Edition of the grading contest which, despite the aforementioned inauspicious start, may well turn out to be judged by my peers overall as a performance higher in standing than the common considered average.*

conan.gif.5ba3fa541f5870706d5f9087e8603465.gif

*Translation: As long as I beat Andy I'm happy @AJD

Is there a minimum word count for this essay lol 

On 11/2/2022 at 9:30 AM, kav said:

(tsk)

That sums up what this round did to me better than any words I have at my disposal. 

On 11/1/2022 at 4:41 PM, Cat said:

That sums up what this round did to me better than any words I have at my disposal. 

:acclaim:

On 11/1/2022 at 5:26 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

In accordance with the rules as laid down, and having registered as an active, valid participant, duly confirmed by the organiser on behalf of the site hosts, and in recognition of a somewhat disappointing first entry for round one, the first of five overall, in which some mistakes were made - to be fair, due to having to submit guesses based on rather small mobile phone images, itself not an excuse as such, but worth pointing out to the participants at large - I have, after giving full consideration to the second round images provided, and with much greater focus and scrutiny this time around, submitted my grades for this, the second round of the Fall Edition of the grading contest which, despite the aforementioned inauspicious start, may well turn out to be judged by my peers overall as a performance higher in standing than the common considered average.*

conan.gif.5ba3fa541f5870706d5f9087e8603465.gif

*Translation: As long as I beat Andy I'm happy @AJD

We apologize for the inconvenience of this lengthy verse.

Those responsible have been sacked.