• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman is the lamest most boring superhero ever
3 3

64 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2022 at 5:39 AM, lordbyroncomics said:

He's a fantasy character created for children in the late Depression-era thirties. Of course he's going to come off as lame to grown men who spend time talking about comic books in 2022.

Context is everything.

Straw-man argument. Sun Mariner is depression era and he’s cool. Ditto with Human Torch. 

On 10/28/2022 at 3:33 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Superman is only as lame as the story needs him to be. Here's an example of Superman not being lame:

I was waiting for the Zod-killing scene to be posted.

As a kid at the dawn of the SA, I always preferred Batman to Superman. No powers just strength and smarts. I also liked how the stories were detective stories and challenged me to figure them out. Then there were all the stupid Supe spin-offs like Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane.

Then I discovered Spider-Man, Hulk and FF4. For the most part, DC took a back seat. 

On 10/28/2022 at 11:48 AM, Robot Man said:

As a kid at the dawn of the SA, I always preferred Batman to Superman. No powers just strength and smarts. I also liked how the stories were detective stories and challenged me to figure them out. Then there were all the stupid Supe spin-offs like Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane.

Then I discovered Spider-Man, Hulk and FF4. For the most part, DC took a back seat. 

Yup.  Once I discovered FF & Spidey....Bats & Supes were out 

On 10/28/2022 at 4:48 PM, Robot Man said:

As a kid at the dawn of the SA, I always preferred Batman to Superman.

I always saw Superman as light while Batman was on the dark side. Faced with just two comics left on the counter, I'd choose Batman every time over Superman. More often than not the only two comics left on the counter were Charltons...:whistle:

On 10/28/2022 at 9:41 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

I always saw Superman as light while Batman was on the dark side. Faced with just two comics left on the counter, I'd choose Batman every time over Superman. More often than not the only two comics left on the counter were Charltons...:whistle:

Same thing with Beatles and the Stones as a young kid a little later on. The Stones were just so much more dark and “forbidden”…

How can anyone that can be confused with a bird or a plane be boring?:manhero: