• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mr. Fantastic is WAY Lamer Than Superman

41 posts in this topic

There’s his super-intellect and problem solving skills to take into account as well.

Although, at times he can also be too focused on his science and be very socially aloof and thoughtless, especially to Sue.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Good in the FF, no interest in him as a solo character, unlike Superman. Works best in a team dynamic with contrasting personalities.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I never viewed Mr Fantastic and his stretch abilities seriously. He’s smart and has a lame strength. In that team, it just works. Superman in any team doesn’t work for me because for me it’s like “he could just take on whatever threat himself and it would be done with….why is he with others?”

Originally, Superman was really too perfect.  You ended up with some really offbeat "villains" - more funny than dangerous - and of course they had to invent a way (Kryptonite) to bring any drama at all to the stories.  His appeal to kids is obvious but as an adult you have to work a little (or concentrate on the Cavill movies) to suspend your disbelief. 

Only thing more lame than Mr Fantastic is Stan Lee who seen the lame plastic man and did a knock off and actually named him mr fantastic. Can't believe people pay so much for the 1st appearance of the thing. A stretch man, invisible woman, and a human torch I have all seen well before the fantastic four. 

On 10/28/2022 at 9:22 PM, Ken Aldred said:

There’s his super-intellect and problem solving skills to take into account as well.

Although, at times he can also be too focused on his science and be very socially aloof and thoughtless, especially to Sue.

He treats her like she's invisible!  (:

On 10/29/2022 at 3:50 AM, Coverless 9.8 said:
On 10/28/2022 at 9:22 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Expand  

He treats her like she's invisible!  (:

:golfclap:

On 10/29/2022 at 3:17 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I never viewed Mr Fantastic and his stretch abilities seriously. He’s smart and has a lame strength. In that team, it just works. Superman in any team doesn’t work for me because for me it’s like “he could just take on whatever threat himself and it would be done with….why is he with others?”

I know what you mean. You may well have the Hulk in your team, but there will always be a scenario where the villain can only be defeated by the Wasp flying through a small hole.

I never liked it when Spidey teamed up either, or joined the FF. He's a loner

On 10/29/2022 at 5:20 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I know what you mean. You may well have the Hulk in your team, but there will always be a scenario where the villain can only be defeated by the Wasp flying through a small hole.

I never liked it when Spidey teamed up either, or joined the FF. He's a loner

You don’t like MTU?:whatthe:

On 10/29/2022 at 10:42 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You don’t like MTU?:whatthe:

I loved it. One offs are OK. No permanent team joining though, to be clear. Or semi-permanent.