• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold a comic for $100. Buyer relists for $100K!
2 2

71 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2022 at 6:02 PM, Cat said:

Was the listing done by Thor? 'It's thy comic, oh gentle beast of the night, speaketh freely and enchant me...'.

I'd say the only regret here is that this fool would have obviously paid you more than he did for it. After all, it's a oNe Of A kInD.

Initially I had the series set listed for $80 and then he messaged me multiple times telling me about the line on the back and said I could raise the price to $100 and he'd pay that. And he did

On 10/31/2022 at 1:02 AM, Cat said:

Was the listing done by Thor? 'It's thy comic, oh gentle beast of the night, speaketh freely and enchant me...'

AND IT'S THY COMIC AND THY LISTING TO DO AS I WISH TO LIST AT....

Either that, or he’s a very old pensioner from northern England.

Edited by Ken Aldred

sellers list ridiculous priced things like this just to grab the top spot on eBay ...and then they hope you will check out their other listings...

just like back in the phone books days people would change their last name to Zzyntoman so they could have the status symbol of having the last name listed in the New York city phone book

On 10/31/2022 at 11:20 AM, 1950's war comics said:

sellers list ridiculous priced things like this just to grab the top spot on eBay ...and then they hope you will check out their other listings...

just like back in the phone books days people would change their last name to Zzyntoman so they could have the status symbol of having the last name listed in the New York city phone book

That was a status symbol? 

On 10/31/2022 at 1:22 AM, Cat said:

Yes.

And they’d also self-publish a Zzzyntoman comic book so they could be the last item listed in the Overstreet Guide.

Some are that insecure.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:22 PM, Cat said:
On 10/30/2022 at 9:20 PM, 1950's war comics said:

Expand  

DC6184C3-9F60-4BB3-A8B5-864461F65CC5.gif.68b11ff2e464dd4df5336fab67a23726.gif

On 10/31/2022 at 11:27 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Yes.

And they’d also self-publish a Zzzyntoman comic book so they could be the last item listed in the Overstreet Guide.

Some are that insecure.

I guess it's no stranger than Dave Sim naming his company Aadvark so he got the first listing in distributors' listings. 

On 10/31/2022 at 1:30 AM, Cat said:

I guess it's no stranger than Dave Sim naming his company Aadvark so he got the first listing in distributors' listings. 

Never occurred to me because of Cerebus.

Edited by Ken Aldred