• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petition to get eBay to have a Graded Comics Section

25 posts in this topic

put "cgc" in your search?

only half will come up "cgc it" or "cgc quality" or "cgg pgx cgc"

and those jokers will probably list in the graded section anyway.

as a mainly raw seller (though perhaps nearly as many $ coming from slabs), i don't like it one bit. i shall not sign your petition!

We, the undersigned, want eBay to add a graded comics Category. They have one for sports cards, graded and non graded. We need that for comics too.

Shouldn't the petition say a "Professionally Graded" or a "Encapsulated" category. Assuming that's what you're after.

It reads like all comics are considered "non graded" if they haven't been through a Pro service. And even at the pro level grades are still a subjective unguaranteed opinion about condition.

Let's just go ahead and spell it all out...

"We, the undersigned, want eBay to add a graded comics Category for 'professionally' graded comic books so that those of us grading and slabbing books in our garage can stop getting in trouble for listing our books as 'NOT CGC' and faking out people who are looking for true CGC books as opposed to our CGC imitations that come in a variety of CGG, PGA, or PGX slabs."

As a few have said, you can do this yourself with a filtered search, plus you won't denigrate the raw collectors/dealers in the process by systematically marginalizing their books.

we wouldn't have to call for this if people stopped using "cgc ready" or "cgc?" or who knows how many ways of saying it. How are we supposed to filter our searches? And why do we have to do it when people know better?

I'm not always in search of graded books, but when I put "cgc" in my search function, I have every right to get only CGC graded books as a function of that search.