• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Universe live movies, TV, animation, gaming roadmap
4 4

286 posts in this topic

I loved Afleck as Batman and Godot as Wonder Woman...Cavill did a good job, too, but he was third.

We just saw Black Adam the other day and I enjoyed it, I'm going to have to go find that thread to see why I was wrong, lol

On 12/15/2022 at 9:56 PM, skypinkblu said:

I loved Afleck as Batman and Godot as Wonder Woman...Cavill did a good job, too, but he was third.

We just saw Black Adam the other day and I enjoyed it, I'm going to have to go find that thread to see why I was wrong, lol

I saw Black Adam on the Thursday preview and thoroughly enjoyed it.

it's all rainbows and sparkly unicorns for the DCEU now

James Gunn Responds To “Disrespectful Outcry” From Fans Over DC Changes

https://deadline.com/2022/12/james-gunn-responds-fans-disrespectful-dc-1235202890/

James Gunn Responds To Ray Fisher After ‘Justice League’ Star Slammed DC Head For “Fake Grace On Twitter”

https://deadline.com/2022/12/james-gunn-ray-fisher-justice-league-star-slammed-dc-head-1235203040/

Though I feel bad for the way Ray Fisher was treated on the set of Justice League by Joss Whedon, at some point he needs to let it go. It's starting to look like desperate pleas for attention. 

On 12/19/2022 at 7:52 PM, D84 said:

Though I feel bad for the way Ray Fisher was treated on the set of Justice League by Joss Whedon, at some point he needs to let it go. It's starting to look like desperate pleas for attention. 

Has he been cast in anything lately? If not, I wonder if he is getting pushed out the door by the Hollywood machine. If that is the case, expect the posts to continue.

Edited by kimik

On 12/19/2022 at 9:30 PM, paperheart said:

James Gunn Responds To Ray Fisher After ‘Justice League’ Star Slammed DC Head For “Fake Grace On Twitter”

https://deadline.com/2022/12/james-gunn-ray-fisher-justice-league-star-slammed-dc-head-1235203040/

The odd thing with this 'gotcha' statement - why would someone need an auto-delete feature on their social media posts??

On 12/20/2022 at 12:11 AM, kimik said:

Has he been cast in anything lately? If not, I wonder if he is getting pushed out the door by the Hollywood machine. If that is the case, expect the posts to continue.

1. Netflix's Rebel Moon
  2. The Broadway play The Piano Lesson
  3. Hulu's Women of the Movement

But you could have looked that up too. I think that was not your intent, though.

:cheers:

Some thoughts here.

I will start by saying that changes are often met with resistance.

Of course there will always be the toxic fan boys (in every franchise) but what I have particularly noticed lately is a sense of outrage and disbelief at the news about Henry Cavill, an actor who is generally well-liked and was excited about returning to the role. There is a sense that WB did him dirty.

You could of course explain it away as different people making decisions but the timing was awful. If WB execs are going to double down on unconnected Batman and Joker movies and cancel/reboot the shared universe movies there will continue to be confusion and malaise among the casual viewers.

If they are going to reboot everything they should announce it and a timeline. As it is right now there is very little certainty and optimism and that doesn’t bode well for building a franchise.

This is something that Feige and crew are generally quite good at is communicating upcoming projects and providing (sometimes) direction on where the franchise is going.

I hope DC can figure it out but I have my doubts. They are too hungry for a hit and too impatient to take their time.

On 12/20/2022 at 10:29 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Why is Gunn validating the 'vicious minority'? To discredit the non-vicious fans...?

So he can make it look like all Cavill fans are bad and can be dismissed without argument. 

On 12/20/2022 at 7:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

It's so obvious.

"If you don't agree with my changes, you must be those bad people!"

This was disappointing to see. He knew ahead of time that a minority of people would be absolute janks online but still needed to post about it? 🤔

On 12/20/2022 at 4:32 AM, Bosco685 said:

The odd thing with this 'gotcha' statement - why would someone need an auto-delete feature on their social media posts??

1. Netflix's Rebel Moon
  2. The Broadway play The Piano Lesson
  3. Hulu's Women of the Movement

But you could have looked that up too. I think that was not your intent, though.

:cheers:

No, I had no intent other than being too lazy to look it up. I had no idea who he was before JL, and since he was not great in that role do not really care to follow him after.

On 12/20/2022 at 11:06 AM, kimik said:

No, I had no intent other than being too lazy to look it up. I had no idea who he was before JL, and since he was not great in that role do not really care to follow him after.

He was an unknown at the time other than he had performed in plays. That I do remember when he was announced.

JL (2017) certainly made Cyborg forgettable. ZSJL (2021) is what made it clear how much Whedon had cut out, limiting the character. And it did make Victor Stone/Cyborg critical to the story.

On 12/15/2022 at 9:56 PM, skypinkblu said:

i giggled!!

On 12/20/2022 at 10:06 AM, kimik said:

this would be the way i see, to a "t."

It's too bad that general audiences likely won't see Fisher's fantastic performance in ZSJL (I doubt most of them saw it) to see his potential talent. He was truly screwed over by the studio, Whedon, Johns etc. Yes, I also think that he hurts himself by not moving on from the situation, but he definitely has a right to be invested in the outcome of his treatment. It's hard for me to say that I would act much differently in his shoes. Definitely interested to see how well he does in Rebel Moon. Cyborg was his big break and it was essentially stolen from him.

Honestly if you are a Superman fan, aren't you happier that Superman is going to be front and center in the new DC universe  (as opposed to who the actor playing Superman will be)?  

I'm a Shazam fan since childhood. I really like Zach Levi as Shazam. But I would be more upset if Shazam the character wasn't  a part of the new Universe as opposed to Zach Levi being replaced.    

I don't know, the baggage is just way too heavy. I am ready to move on. Ray Fisher was cool, but I rather see the character come back, cohesively. This mythology deserves to be done correctly. 

Edited by eastriver400

On 12/20/2022 at 9:51 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's too bad that general audiences likely won't see Fisher's fantastic performance in ZSJL (I doubt most of them saw it) to see his potential talent. He was truly screwed over by the studio, Whedon, Johns etc. Yes, I also think that he hurts himself by not moving on from the situation, but he definitely has a right to be invested in the outcome of his treatment. It's hard for me to say that I would act much differently in his shoes. Definitely interested to see how well he does in Rebel Moon. Cyborg was his big break and it was essentially stolen from him.

I did not think he did a fantastic performance is ZSJL. Okay, sure, but not a real standout performance either. A lot of that is due to the fact that he was more machine than man and special effects were the main part of his character.