• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Universe live movies, TV, animation, gaming roadmap
4 4

286 posts in this topic

Definitely some confusion given we have only been given tidbits of the full plan. Apparently there is another movie in the early plans that he didn't reveal the title to because it would give too much away (Lobo?).

If I had to read between the lines:

- I don't think there will be a Peacemaker season 2.  The Waller series will take that spot.

-If Shazam 2 does well, he stays in the universe. And I will thank the Rock for staying clear of the Shazam Universe.  

-Flash will serve as a one shot. Will serve to fill the void and explain the changes.

-This iteration of Aquaman is done but it isn't being revealed so people still show up to the movie (Momoa comes back as Lobo).  

On 2/6/2023 at 1:31 PM, eastriver400 said:

Honestly the non-comic audiences are confused enough. I don't even believe Elseworlds would even exist at this point if the Reeves and Joker verse weren't already in motion.   For us, its fine. We are used to it from the books, but for the average movie going audience, it makes much more sense to have ONE Batman, ONE Superman, etc.

Cavill returning was still in motion when Gunn took charge, too. (shrug)

On 2/6/2023 at 1:39 PM, eastriver400 said:

Further, I am not trying to be antagonistic. I just believe Gunn is being blamed unfairly for a decade of dysfunction. Seems Gunn sincerely loves the DC mythology. Lets see how it plays out. I am very hopeful.

Ditto what Bosco said, having a conversation here doesn't mean that I think you're being antagonistic.

On 2/6/2023 at 5:10 PM, eastriver400 said:

Definitely some confusion given we have only been given tidbits of the full plan. Apparently there is another movie in the early plans that he didn't reveal the title to because it would give too much away (Lobo?).

- I don't think there will be a Peacemaker season 2.  The Waller series will take that spot.

-If Shazam 2 does well, he stays in the universe. And I will thank the Rock for staying clear of the Shazam Universe.  

-Flash will serve as a one shot. Will serve to fill the void and explain the changes.

-This iteration of Aquaman is done but it isn't being revealed so people still show up to the movie (Momoa comes back as Lobo).  

I agree with these predictions - only adding that:

At least two of the announced projects will never see the light of day.

On 2/6/2023 at 5:10 PM, eastriver400 said:

The May announcement is supposed to have more content that is being held back for now.

Warner Bros. Will Showcase DC Updates At Upfront Event

Warner Bros. Discovery will reportedly be showcasing some major DC Universe updates at the Upfronts later this year. The DCU (formerly known as the DCEU) is about to be changed as everyone knows it.

Since the year is just getting started, there are other media events happening later in 2023 that Warner Bros. and DC Studios will be part of to some degree. As revealed by Luiz Fernando, Warner Bros. Discovery is taking part in the 2023 Upfronts on May 17 in New York. The Upfronts are when networks and studios promote upcoming programming on their channels or streaming services. The future of the DCU will be part of the showcased content.

Since Upfronts is usually focused on television content, if DC is sharing the news at that event, that will likely mean updates for their products on HBO Max. By May, HBO Max will have reportedly completed its re-branding as they are combining it with Discovery Plus. 

Legendary DC Comics writer Chuck Dixon, who created Batman villain Bane alongside Graham Nolan and rejuvenated Firefly, shared his thoughts on James Gunn’s upcoming DCU slate.

Dixon replied, “Well, it kind of looks like a mixed bag, to me. I got to wonder if Gunn’s proposed list is for real, is it a wish list, are these things actually going to be put on a schedule? It seems like an ambitious list. Seems like a lot of stuff. It seems like he’s gonna be writing a lot of it. I mean, if he writes all the things he says he’s going to write he’s not going to be leaving the house anytime soon.”

“But I got to wonder, is this just a pie in the sky, is this just a wish list,” he reiterated.

Dixon continued, “Some of the things seem extremely underwhelming. Some of the things seem to exist only to check boxes. Quite frankly, I don’t care. I know you don’t want to hear that, but I don’t care. I’ve never seen a DC movie, DC-based movie that I’ve liked ever. And I don’t think I’ll ever see one.”

Edited by Bosco685

Quite frankly, I don’t care. I know you don’t want to hear that, but I don’t care. I’ve never seen a DC movie, DC-based movie that I’ve liked ever.

So basically every DC movie…… past, present, and future… either sucked, sucks, or will suck? Give me a break.

Based on this quote alone, I’ll take Dixon’s cantankerous opinion on Gunn’s future slate with a grain of salt. 

Edited by eastriver400

On 2/11/2023 at 12:01 PM, eastriver400 said:

Quite frankly, I don’t care. I know you don’t want to hear that, but I don’t care. I’ve never seen a DC movie, DC-based movie that I’ve liked ever.

So basically every DC movie…… past, present, and future… either sucked, sucks, or will suck? Give me a break.

Based on this quote alone, I’ll take Dixon’s cantankerous opinion on Gunn’s future slate with a grain of salt. 

I have to agree. That is a crotchety mindset.

My concern...other than the fact I liked Cavill and Loved Afleck...is that it sounds like Gunn is going to micromanage himself into a breakdown. I hope he realizes he needs some help with all his zillion projects.

Ezra in, Henry out and played for a fool, one note liar Gunn with that "quirky" humor that got him cancelled for a time a few years back is all in.

Guess what's coming our way? Occam's Razor is what.  They're just not that into you.

On 3/2/2023 at 1:01 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Red herring to distract DCEU fans.

I don't know. Ayer has actually shown it to a few people, and their feedback was it was exceedingly better than what we experienced.

I'd like to see it for myself. Figure out what WB Studios butchered.

On 3/2/2023 at 6:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

I don't know. Ayer has actually shown it to a few people, and their feedback was it was exceedingly better than what we experienced.

I'd like to see it for myself. Figure out what WB Studios butchered.

I'd like to see it, too, but until there's any sort of confirmation I'm just seeing it as a ploy to get Gunn on DCEU fans' good side for the upcoming movies.