• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Day: MARVEL SECRET WARS II Promo Poster Art (1985) with 70+ Super-heroes

10 posts in this topic

Are you sure this was a promo poster as opposed to a Marvel Press poster?

The reason I ask is because the only SW2 promo poster I remember is the one below. Either way, congrats on a VERY cool piece.

s-l500.png

On 11/21/2022 at 12:49 PM, Logan510 said:

Are you sure this was a promo poster as opposed to a Marvel Press poster?

The reason I ask is because the only SW2 promo poster I remember is the one below. Either way, congrats on a VERY cool piece.

s-l500.png

Often, Marvel issues more than one retailer promo posters as it did when SW2 launched.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:55 AM, KirbyCollector said:

So many questions about the shoulder things... Air filters? Easily accessible hand fans? Humidifiers designed to keep the curl in his naturally curly hair?

D- for character design but A+ for nostalgia (like a lot of 80's Marvel)

Congrats on a really cool piece!  Fun to have a piece that actually shows the Beyonder. 

On 11/19/2022 at 11:05 AM, GreatEscape said:

Really excited to share Marvel Secret Wars II Promotional Poster Art featuring The Beyonder vs. 70+ Marvel super-heroes by Ron Wilson.  Back in 1985, the poster adorned the walls of comic stores and Marvel fans including mine! Drawn on a huge piece of illustration board with an image area of 22" x 34"!

Link

829626119_RonWilsonSECRETWARSIIPromoPosterArt(1985)TheBeyondervsTheMarvelUniverse.thumb.jpg.394c87b77d53805f83a0853b5937e261.jpg

316671091_Secretwarsposteronwall.thumb.jpeg.c91876b63dc02c90c1fe6a454fc6c334.jpeg

Great piece, Dino! I remember this poster. Incredible how many heroes Wilson fit into this image. Also, I noticed ROM was erased from the printed poster. Was that around the time Marvel lost the rights to the character?