• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New custom Marvel labels are now available
7 7

128 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 11/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, Chamber of Chills said:

@CGC Mike
Any word when the next wave of labels will be unveiled?
Also, the timeframe before current ones are vaulted?

It looks like next month we will announce which ones we will retire.  I'm not sure which new ones will be revealed, or when they will be.  

• Administrator
On 12/6/2023 at 6:18 PM, Chamber of Chills said:

Any word on which will be retiring and a possible sneak peak at the new ones?
(these will inform / shape my first shipment to CGC in 2024)

We are still waiting on Marvel regarding the licensing agreement.  Hopefully, it will not be too much longer.

Hey @CGC Mike, thanks so much for your replies and continued support. 

I don’t know if you can answer this or not, as I know you have stated you guys are waiting on Marvel’s legal team for approvals, but if you had to make an educated guess, do you think we are looking at Q1, Q4, 2025? 

• Administrator
On 1/14/2024 at 9:55 PM, D2 said:

Hey @CGC Mike, thanks so much for your replies and continued support. 

I don’t know if you can answer this or not, as I know you have stated you guys are waiting on Marvel’s legal team for approvals, but if you had to make an educated guess, do you think we are looking at Q1, Q4, 2025? 

I will bump the e-mail that I have with the marketing manager and ask her about this.

• Administrator

This is what I was told:

We just got the contract back, and will start working on our retiring list and new ones soon. We just have a lot going on right now and our team does not have the bandwidth to take on another task. We will move forward with our plans right after Megacon (Feb 1 - 4).

On 1/23/2024 at 2:56 PM, Manny40 said:

Are there any Batman labels?

CGC does not have the authority for DC labels unfortunately.

I don't work for CGC, or have any insights on why that would be, however, I can speculate that, for whatever reason, DC is difficult with their licensing. I know this because DC killed and by virtue, annihilated all progress on AEs (Artist Edition works). Both IDW and Graphitti Designs had communicated road blocks they experienced while trying to push through (previously approved) works that they had significant investments on.

Now, that has since changed, only within the past several months. AEs that were shelved for literally years, were all miraculously green lit... so now if that trickles over to CGC getting authority for DC labels?

I mean... seems possible. Sorry for the long winded answer.

• Administrator

I received an e-mail from the Marketing manager.  

Regarding the Marvel labels:  The marketing team has been really busy.  You guys should hear some news regarding this in the next week or so.  

The FCBD labels are now available on the OSF. There is no charge for these, and they are available for Universal and Sig. Also, they must be an FCBD book to qualify for the label. If you see someone stating their book isn't showing up, let me know - we pulled the most accurate list we had but we may have missed adding a few in.