• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New custom Marvel labels are now available
7 7

128 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2023 at 7:48 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

I  believe all available labels are listed in the online submission form.

Mike

It looks like there's a glitch then. When I put in the X-men comic, only one label shows up, but when I put in a random Marvel comic, all labels become available. 

Capturedf.PNG

sdf.PNG

• Administrator
On 8/23/2023 at 12:42 PM, Immunoman said:

It looks like there's a glitch then. When I put in the X-men comic, only one label shows up, but when I put in a random Marvel comic, all labels become available. 

I will pass this along to web help.  Thanks for pointing it out.

• Administrator

What is the full title of the book that is not coming up

@CGC Mike I'm also trying to look at which custom labels are available and currently I ONLY see the Ringling Y3 label.  The book title I entered was for Eros Comix Butterscotch #1 12/90.

• Administrator
On 8/23/2023 at 4:15 PM, Immunoman said:

It's "Marvel x Kith X-men 60th Anniversary #1" but it's coming up as "Marvel Comics Custom Kith 2023Comic #1 8/23"

kith comic.PNG

Thanks!

• Administrator
On 8/23/2023 at 3:23 PM, Yorick said:

@CGC Mike I'm also trying to look at which custom labels are available and currently I ONLY see the Ringling Y3 label.  The book title I entered was for Eros Comix Butterscotch #1 12/90.

Thanks for the info.  I will pass this along as well.

• Administrator
On 8/23/2023 at 3:23 PM, Yorick said:

I heard back from Web Help.  For the Eros Comix Butterscotch #1, the only custom label currently available is the Ringling Y3 label, so that is showing correct.

• Administrator

We were able to reach out and get this fixed. Marvel Comics Custom Kith 2023Comic #1 8/23 is the correct name in the system and should be able to have all the marvel custom labels selectable, We just have to wait till  our system syncs later this afternoon.

On 8/24/2023 at 9:06 AM, CGC Mike said:

I heard back from Web Help.  For the Eros Comix Butterscotch #1, the only custom label currently available is the Ringling Y3 label, so that is showing correct.

Interesting.  I had thought that any currently available custom label would be able to be applied to any book.  And weren't there three Ringling labels?  I only get the option of using the one?  I assume that the Marvel labels are only allowed to be used on Marvel books?  Is this a policy of Marvel's, or is this a CGC mandate?

I guess I won't be getting any custom labels. :tonofbricks:

• Administrator
On 8/24/2023 at 3:11 PM, Yorick said:

Interesting.  I had thought that any currently available custom label would be able to be applied to any book.  And weren't there three Ringling labels?  I only get the option of using the one?  I assume that the Marvel labels are only allowed to be used on Marvel books?  Is this a policy of Marvel's, or is this a CGC mandate?

Let me present this to the team and see what they say.

• Administrator
On 8/24/2023 at 3:11 PM, Yorick said:

Here is what I was told:

Yes, only Marvel books can be eligible for Marvel labels. And while we did have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner for the Ringling label contest only the 1st place winner had it's design used.

On 8/25/2023 at 6:29 AM, CGC Mike said:

Here is what I was told:

Yes, only Marvel books can be eligible for Marvel labels. And while we did have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner for the Ringling label contest only the 1st place winner had it's design used.

I appreciate you sending that up to the "team".  Thank you.

I don't understand the logic of only using the #1 Ringling contest winning label, but perhaps the first series didn't sell well enough.  I'd VERY much like to be able to use two of those prior Ringling labels, but I snoozed and losed!

...and I'd love to have a Wolverine label on one of my Superman books.  (:

• Administrator
On 9/11/2023 at 1:58 PM, Immunoman said:

@CGC Mike
Found another glitch. 
Marvel Comics Amazing Spider-Man #25 7/23 JScottCampbell.com Edition D

I can't add any Marvel labels to them.

Thanks.  I have reported this to web help.

• Administrator
On 9/11/2023 at 1:58 PM, Immunoman said:

@CGC Mike
Found another glitch. 
Marvel Comics Amazing Spider-Man #25 7/23 JScottCampbell.com Edition D

I can't add any Marvel labels to them.

All Marvel labels have now been assigned to ASM #25 7/23 and its many variants. The labels should show up on the OSF after the next sync.

• Administrator
On 11/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, Chamber of Chills said:

@CGC Mike
Any word when the next wave of labels will be unveiled?
Also, the timeframe before current ones are vaulted?

I am sorry, but I do not know.  I will try to find out, though.