• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New custom Marvel labels are now available
7 7

128 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2024 at 10:03 PM, CGC Mike said:

I received an e-mail from the Marketing manager.  

Regarding the Marvel labels:  The marketing team has been really busy.  You guys should hear some news regarding this in the next week or so.  

The FCBD labels are now available on the OSF. There is no charge for these, and they are available for Universal and Sig. Also, they must be an FCBD book to qualify for the label. If you see someone stating their book isn't showing up, let me know - we pulled the most accurate list we had but we may have missed adding a few in.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks.
Any way to reach out to them?
I'm holding back submitting stuff just in case custom labels get announced.

• Administrator

Here is what the Marketing Manager told me :

We are working on new labels right now and we hope to announce the new ones in early April. I need to get Marvel's approval on everything, so it takes a bit of time. Our leadership approved the label plan last week so we are moving as fast as we can. 🙂

I hope to announce the ones that are retiring if not this week, next.

On 2/28/2024 at 8:45 AM, CGC Mike said:

We are working on new labels right now and we hope to announce the new ones in early April. I need to get Marvel's approval on everything, so it takes a bit of time. Our leadership approved the label plan last week so we are moving as fast as we can. 🙂

Looks like you guys spilled the beans on the 4 that are retiring. Was hoping more would be phased out but I understand the popular ones are good to have around. I for one have been making use of the unvaulted spidey.

On 3/1/2024 at 8:13 PM, Gator Guru said:

Looks like you guys spilled the beans on the 4 that are retiring. Was hoping more would be phased out but I understand the popular ones are good to have around. I for one have been making use of the unvaulted spidey.

I didn't catch that. Where did they mention which ones might be retiring?

On 3/4/2024 at 7:37 AM, snownado said:

I didn't catch that. Where did they mention which ones might be retiring?

They posted somewhere the black panther, jane foster, spider-gwen and miles morales.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:35 PM, Gator Guru said:

They posted somewhere the black panther, jane foster, spider-gwen and miles morales.

Does that imply that we're only getting 4 new ones..? hm

On 3/4/2024 at 4:01 PM, dbcn said:

Does that imply that we're only getting 4 new ones..? hm

Yes I think that is likely the case. Unless they “unvault” another one then its safe to assume 4 new ones later this month. Personally im shocked a few are still going strong like moon knight.

Can someone at CGC update us on if there are any ongoing talks with DC about potential custom labels using those characters?  Feels like it would be a win for DC, CGC and customers looking for Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman/Flash etc. labels!  How has a deal on this possibly not gotten done yet???

• Administrator
On 3/7/2024 at 11:42 AM, WOLVERINE335 said:

Can someone at CGC update us on if there are any ongoing talks with DC about potential custom labels using those characters?  Feels like it would be a win for DC, CGC and customers looking for Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman/Flash etc. labels!  How has a deal on this possibly not gotten done yet???

We have made multiple attempts with DC to get a signed contract for custom labels.  To date, none have been successful. 

Any word?
Been another couple of weeks of withholding submissions whist waiting to find out about the new labels.

• Administrator
On 3/13/2024 at 6:19 PM, troydivision1 said:

Any word?
Been another couple of weeks of withholding submissions whist waiting to find out about the new labels.

Hi
As per my post that you quoted above, it says that the Marketing Manager hopes to announce the new ones in Early April.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Appreciate you answering my question about DC labels.  Still doesn't make sense to me though that a deal can't be reached... but I understand CGC has tried, and feels it's DC's fault no deal has been reached.  (... Although I would presume that DC feels it's CGC's fault!)

Anyway... new question:

WHY does CGC put that hologram label on the front side???  No one wants to see it.  Yes, fine, it adds a little extra security.  But it would do that just as well if it were placed where it should be... on the back!  This oversight has only gotten more egregious since the custom labels began.  Now, they are detracting from the artwork of the label... or in some cases... covering up the artwork!  It makes no sense to do it this way.

Please let me know CGC's rationale for continuing to place these hologram stickers on the front, and/or if anyone in charge over there is beginning to discuss moving them to the back?

(I've attached a view images to get the idea of what I'm talking about in case it wasn't already clear.)

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 2.17.01 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 2.16.41 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 2.17.14 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 2.06.05 AM.png

• Administrator
On 3/17/2024 at 2:47 AM, WOLVERINE335 said:

WHY does CGC put that hologram label on the front side???  No one wants to see it.  Yes, fine, it adds a little extra security.  But it would do that just as well if it were placed where it should be... on the back!  This oversight has only gotten more egregious since the custom labels began.  Now, they are detracting from the artwork of the label... or in some cases... covering up the artwork!  It makes no sense to do it this way.

Please let me know CGC's rationale for continuing to place these hologram stickers on the front, and/or if anyone in charge over there is beginning to discuss moving them to the back?

(I've attached a view images to get the idea of what I'm talking about in case it wasn't already clear.)

I will check into this.

• Administrator
On 3/17/2024 at 2:47 AM, WOLVERINE335 said:

Hi

I spoke with the marketing manager regarding this.  Here is what she told me.

The overprint (information about the book) has to have so much room on the label so the label art has a maximum area it can be. We have talked about moving the hologram on the back but those are heat transferred onto the holder so it isn't something we can do overnight.

We have started a new process with the labels where we get printed samples in of every label and test it in a slab before we go to print. This will help some of the issues we have seen in the past. Some labels we try to design with the hologram in mind and have the art emerging behind it. It just depends on the art that is approved from Marvel and what we can find.