• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating longshot975
5 5

111 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2022 at 7:21 PM, Semicentennial said:

Posted November 25

Why have this in your sales thread when you don't honor your own words?  

At this point it’s pretty safe to say that he stated that with the intention of screwing someone over should the need arise. 

On 12/25/2022 at 8:00 AM, bluehorseshoe said:

I’m shocked anyone bit on this stuff; the whole vibe of the thread made sending this person a dime a 100% pass. 

Like @Semicentennial mentioned - he'd been here for a long time. Had his post been written by a member who just joined, it would have been an easy pass. Someone who lurks around here for ten years - you'd think they get the general vibe of expectation in sales threads, and would be worth the risk of making a purchase. But yeah, this is a cautionary tale now. The policy of 'no returns because everything is insured' is going to be a red flag after this point.

While making the buyer completely, or partially, whole will be a step in the right direction, the seller's behavior and attitude towards potential buyer's in his many sales thread plus his current attitude with OP tells me he is not a seller I want to buy anything from. Owning up to your mistake immediately when it happens would have been the right way to handle the situation.  Waiting days, and under pressure from forum members, to make the decision to handle the problem does not give me confidence that the seller wants to own the problem he created.

Edited by Semicentennial

On 12/25/2022 at 11:27 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Like @Semicentennial mentioned - he'd been here for a long time. Had his post been written by a member who just joined, it would have been an easy pass. Someone who lurks around here for ten years - you'd think they get the general vibe of expectation in sales threads, and would be worth the risk of making a purchase. 

Wasn’t this the seller that lamented everyone for not be willing to pay his asking price because “everyone wants everything for free” or something like that? You can be on here forever and that’s not a recipe for things that are going to end well.

Buy the book, not the grade, Dr. Balls.

On 12/25/2022 at 8:00 AM, bluehorseshoe said:

I’m shocked anyone bit on this stuff; the whole vibe of the thread made sending this person a dime a 100% pass. 

His sales threads do look sketchy and his repeated comments about people not buying are worrisome.  But longshot mentioned he needed money for medication and gas and that may have influenced this purchase.  I’ve bought a few times from threads like that, one turned out ok and one turned into a year long headache 

On 12/25/2022 at 8:27 AM, Dr. Balls said:

The policy of 'no returns because everything is insured' is going to be a red flag after this point.

Wasn't the return policy only added after CGC Mike told him to change it?  Prior to that there was no mention of returns, only that books were insured.

On 12/26/2022 at 9:15 PM, pickycollector said:

lol Unfortunately not but some sellers should take notice as these are pretty good packaging instructions.

Is there not a thread in the Forum about how to properly pack?

I added further instructions from a buyer to add to the notes

On 12/26/2022 at 7:06 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Was this you?:baiting:

1B1DE0A7-F5E1-4EF1-8894-2F84CD447168.jpeg.708a4f282d333c4f9cc49f71587e6868.jpeg

Or maybe this...

600C67C7-507E-4D05-9BFE-F1EAA61BCC1B.jpeg.505a1361dd6138b3be7596eae12fc5b5.jpeg

I listed my father in-laws 2 old accordions on kijiji.  Surprisingly a guy in Minnesota bought them both.  He sent me four pages of instructions on how to pack them.