• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2023 collecting goals?
3 3

100 posts in this topic

1. Continue to prune my collection. I've sold around 700 comics this year the vast majority being stuff you would find in the dollar boxes.

2. Complete my run of Justice League Of America (1960). I only need 1 more to do it (#2)

3. Fill in holes in runs I'm trying to complete as bargain opportunities present themselves.

On 12/29/2022 at 10:24 PM, Rob said:

Like I do every few years, pare down the collection, then later regret what I got rid of.

Isn’t that always the case lol so hard.

I have a chance to get my hands on a decent copy of my holy grail: Hulk #1 from a friend so I’ve been posting some slabs in the copper/modern thread that’ll get me closer to his asking price :wishluck:

Probably the most realistic goal for the new year until I set X-men #1 as a goal next

I want to actually sell a meaningful number of books this year, to fund the purchase side of things.  I got the funding part correct last year, but only because an effortless sale of an expensive non-core book in my collection basically came up and bit me on the butt.  I need to actually ship a few boxes off to MCS this year.

I want to attend some conventions and buy some very cool books at reasonable prices, and some kinda cool books at dirt cheap prices.  Since my definition of cool is extremely broad, I’m sure I’ll find a few things to buy.

On 12/30/2022 at 6:55 PM, Savoyard23 said:

I just did some filing today...2023 might be the year I start to switch to short boxes.  I might be finally getting too old for longs.

I said the same the other day. I've started in 2022 but have a long way to go :sorry:

On 12/27/2022 at 9:16 PM, universal soldier said:

1) Finish my ASM run of 1 - today including Annuals/KS/GS. Down to three issues (carry over from 2022).

2) Complete the following runs:

FF 40 - 300 (Need 39)

Incredible Hulk 102 - 250 (Need 24)

3) Make headway into Iron Man, DareDevil and JIM/Thor. Runs in varying states.

4) Sell some books! Really need to have a sales thread in 2023. Likely start with my ASM dupes. :wishluck:

5) Get though at least "F" with my rebagging process. I switched to Mylar in 2009 so everything purchased prior still needs a change over.