• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need cash - prices dropped again - Keys: Thor, Iron Man, Vision, Falcon, Kang, and some golden, etc...
16 16

274 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2023 at 6:05 PM, speedcake said:

You should petition to have the probation rules changed because clearly what you personally think they should be and what the rules actually are, are not in alignment. 

It's not what I think. 

Like I said in my previous post, we had this discussion years ago because a boardie got upset at ME for not responding fast enough. I responded within 18 or 20 hours (can't remember what the time frame was right now) and out of that discussion the forums generally agreed that 24 hours was a reasonable expectation and outside of that was starting to be a grey area. 

But now that you mention it, I think it WOULD be a good discussion to have again on what time frame people think is reasonable to expect a reply. 

I'll ask the question in another thread. 

I could and do agree with you that if the seller (or buyer, whoever) is ABLE they SHOULD communicate in a timely fashion. But sometimes people cannot and are given the benefit of the doubt, which is literally why the rules are for 30 days.  

It simply does not matter that someone doesn't respond to you in one, or two, or even three days (just going by your extremely strict standards here) whether or not they are in the middle of a blizzard or just didn't feel like it.  What matters is whether the transactions are completed and no one gets screwed.  Then you can make a personal decision as to whether or not to do business with someone who doesn't communicate well.  

The rules are fine as they are.

On 3/25/2023 at 5:57 PM, VintageComics said:
On 3/24/2023 at 2:28 AM, speedcake said:

No one is defending anything or flipping any tables.  I can't possibly be rolling my eyes any harder in your direction. Nothing you said here adds anything constructive to the thread.  

You, Randall Dowling and now ttfitz (surprise, surprise) are making it sound like the buyers (and the forum by extension) were impatient and unreasonable for expecting a reply sooner than a week. 

I challenge you to point out where I said anything at all like that. Go ahead, I'll wait.

And since you are always talking about how you are willing to admit when you are wrong, I expect to see you post back here with a correction.

EDIT: When I say, "I'll wait" I don't literally mean I'll be here waiting. In fact, this will probably be the last time I come in here for a couple days, as I am going to visit my father and will be away from my computer. So, if you look for my "last visit" and it shows me here much later than, oh 3pm on Sunday until late Tuesday, you'll see exactly what I've been talking about - and only what I talked about.

Edited by ttfitz

On 3/26/2023 at 1:25 PM, ttfitz said:

I challenge you to point out where I said anything at all like that. Go ahead, I'll wait.

And since you are always talking about how you are willing to admit when you are wrong, I expect to see you post back here with a correction.

EDIT: When I say, "I'll wait" I don't literally mean I'll be here waiting. In fact, this will probably be the last time I come in here for a couple days, as I am going to visit my father and will be away from my computer. So, if you look for my "last visit" and it shows me here much later than, oh 3pm on Sunday until late Tuesday, you'll see exactly what I've been talking about - and only what I talked about.

You're AGREEING with others I disagree with using emoticons. 

To me, that states that you are disagreeing with my points, since I wholeheartedly disagree with their points. 

It's funny, but no matter what the issue, the same people seem to line up on the same sides. And everyone who disagrees with me is usually on the wrong side. :D

On 3/23/2023 at 12:26 PM, Randall Dowling said:

You're all entitled to your opinions on the subject and I appreciate you sharing them.  For the record, very few people buying and selling on these boards are "professionals" but as a "professional" in my chosen career, I can tell you that "professionals" do not rush to judgement.  They do not assume things on short notice and react strongly as it is far too easy to be wrong and damage one's reputation in doing so.  This is a community of collectors that have busy family and work lives and the rules for the marketplace have been set up with that in mind.  And as of this moment, the seller has not violated any of the rules of this marketplace.  This  is not Amazon.  This is not Home Depot.  This is a group of people offering their books to fellow collectors instead of selling them to dealers or listing them at auction sites.

Some of you have maligned the seller in this thread pretty badly and if all of these transactions complete successfully, I believe you owe him an apology.  At the very least, you owe him an apology.

In the future, please do not claim any books in my sales threads.  I'm not interested in doing business with anyone that would act like this under these circumstances.

If i paid you $1000 and you didn't respond to my PM's, ensure payment received, log in your CGC Boards Account and then not even look at a PM message about such, YOU too could kiss my ...

From a lot longer board member than you dude.

I got my book, you want to call me out for what? Dealing with a slacking seller? Did you see my $9000+ sales thread days before? I dealt with everyone 1 by 1...day by day.

DONT LIST BOOKS FOR SALE IF YOU AREN'T  ABLE TO ACCEPT THE PAYMENT THEN GO POOF....BECAUSE LIFE TOOK OVER " SPRING BREAK AND A ROAD TRIP WITH OUR MONEY FUNDING IT"

ANY QUESTIONS DUDE?

Edited by KryptoSpidey

On 3/24/2023 at 9:57 AM, skypinkblu said:

I'm one of those people who leaves their desktop on all day if I'm home, I walk back and forth while I'm doing things. I usually have it set to the forum...Sometimes I have it set to shut off in 40 minutes...sometimes not. I can be out running around and it looks like I'm online. I used to get a lot of IMs (when IMs were the thing) asking where I was and why wasn't I answering.

Edit, so I can see where it appears someone is here...

I'm glad things seem to be OK, I'd also suggest communication is a key part of selling if you plan on doing any selling.

Not the same when its days apart. PERIOD

On 3/27/2023 at 6:14 PM, loganparker said:

I did. 

My book finally showed up YES IT DID...

After the story of SPRING BREAK with the kids after crying poor...and a wrong tracking # and then NO RESPONSE about that either...

So anyone with an issue with me...and the whole situation....after 16 years here...don't by from me or block me. PERIOD.

SUMS IT UP.

I have ZERO TIME FOR BS

Book showed up. FINALLY

IMG_20230325_172332237.jpg

Edited by KryptoSpidey

On 3/27/2023 at 6:40 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

If i paid you $1000 and you didn't respond to my PM's, ensure payment received, log in your CGC Boards Account and then not even look at a PM message about such, YOU too could kiss my ...

From a lot longer board member than you dude.

I got my book, you want to call me out for what? Dealing with a slacking seller? Did you see my $9000+ sales thread days before? I dealt with everyone 1 by 1...day by day.

DONT LIST BOOKS FOR SALE IF YOU AREN'T  ABLE TO ACCEPT THE PAYMENT THEN GO POOF....BECAUSE LIFE TOOK OVER " SPRING BREAK AND A ROAD TRIP WITH OUR MONEY FUNDING IT"

ANY QUESTIONS DUDE?

This, from the guy that bragged about cracking out books that had been slabbed with a "Trimmed" notation and then resubmitted them and got a clean label by mutilating the book more with scissors.  You bragged about that- here. on. the. boards.

But what's really funny to me, is that you constantly claim to be more important because you joined on an earlier date, as if that makes you more important or valuable.  I think that's pretty sad.  But then, it seems to be par for the course with you.  

On 3/27/2023 at 7:50 PM, Randall Dowling said:

This, from the guy that bragged about cracking out books that had been slabbed with a "Trimmed" notation and then resubmitted them and got a clean label by mutilating the book more with scissors.  You bragged about that- here. on. the. boards.

But what's really funny to me, is that you constantly claim to be more important because you joined on an earlier date, as if that makes you more important or valuable.  I think that's pretty sad.  But then, it seems to be par for the course with you.  

LEARN HOW TO READ!!! WRONG GUY

On 3/27/2023 at 7:50 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I never said i'm more important...i'm telling you I HAVE A LONG RECORD HERE...as a buyer and seller... PERIOD. 

On 3/27/2023 at 6:54 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

LEARN HOW TO READ!!! WRONG GUY

You really need to work on your anger issues.  You got your book, you were wrong about the seller, and you stirred up this entire mess over nothing. 

I'm done with you and the clowning.  Time for you to go gray.

On 3/27/2023 at 8:05 PM, Randall Dowling said:

You really need to work on your anger issues.  You got your book, you were wrong about the seller, and you stirred up this entire mess over nothing. 

I'm done with you and the clowning.  Time for you to go gray.

I stirred this up? Someone was missing a $8000+ book and filed a PayPal claim before i even went into this, other than i originally asked if anyone had heard from the seller after getting our money and going GHOST...ONCE AGAIN YOU are BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE!!! DUDE YOU NEED TO GET A CLUE...WHICH is why YOU LOST CRED HERE...PEOPLE WILL AVOID YOU SELLING!

Edited by KryptoSpidey

On 3/25/2023 at 6:17 PM, VintageComics said:

It's not what I think. 

Like I said in my previous post, we had this discussion years ago because a boardie got upset at ME for not responding fast enough. I responded within 18 or 20 hours (can't remember what the time frame was right now) and out of that discussion the forums generally agreed that 24 hours was a reasonable expectation and outside of that was starting to be a grey area. 

But now that you mention it, I think it WOULD be a good discussion to have again on what time frame people think is reasonable to expect a reply. 

I'll ask the question in another thread. 

Hours are not an issue....DAYS AND AND DAYS are. And you know that Roy. And we all know you, and me...and ETC...

Days go buy, seller shows up active on the boards a day here or there...ZERO communication....you get the drift...its not normal selling behavior here...as we have come to want/know after decades...

Especially when the only then communication is a wrong tracking #....

If it was a deal between us...there's ways to get an answer....G.A.T.O.R. someone has communication...etc... Not so much here and YOU are right...24 hrs should BE EXPECTED when selling a 4 or 5 figure book..or ANY...and SOMEONE PAYS. Don't GHOST the BOARDS...