• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderate spine splits?
3 3

10 posts in this topic

If this has been brought up please delete this but does anyone know what constitutes as moderate spine splits?  I bought this slab a few weeks ago and getting it in I can tell it could really benefit from a clean and press but depending on the splits it may not get much higher.  Its currently a 3.0 for the record.  Here are the notes.

No description available.

It says splits, not 1 split.  Sounds like the spine is separating in random areas, like big perforations.  Or split from both the top and bottom, or along the staples,etc., just generally separated here and there but still holding together.

If it was just one split, it would say (small, medium, large) spine split, or specify the length.  If several splits, they are not going to take the time to write "1/2 inch split at top of spine, 1 inch split at bottom of spine, split at top staple".

Thanks everyone.  I'm not really sure if it would get a bump regardless just due to the splits, it would clean up though.  Its an FF 49 that I am keeping in my collection so was just curious if anyone thought it might be something that could get a bump.