• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would You Rather Have (1) $30,000 Comic or (300) $100 Comics
8 8

92 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2024 at 12:56 PM, shadroch said:

3,000,000 for a penny each would be life-changing. 

:butbutbutemoji: 

The depends on how it changes your life. It would bankrupt you to bag and board or even store books that are not worth storing.

Individually even attempting to sort separate etc would be a nightmare.  (unless it was 3,000,000 of the same worthless issue)  

Image 3,000,000 copies of a FCB knockoff reprint of something like a

NFL SuperPro #11Screenshot_20240218_170920_Chrome.thumb.jpg.015fd02396bbcd4568122b0c26e1860f.jpg

As someone who actually went through this scenario, I can say I went for the 300 book deal because there were many books I'd been trying to replace when I suddenly had to sell my collection and I couldn't justify putting that much money into just 1 book for one AND picking just one major issue of anything that I have no clue I'd want. Sure, there are certain expensive books I might have liked like a hg copy of HULK #1 but I could settle on a lower grade copy and still buy other books I knew I'd enjoy owning without spending the whole wad of cash on just one.

On 2/18/2024 at 5:19 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:butbutbutemoji: 

The depends on how it changes your life. It would bankrupt you to bag and board or even store books that are not worth storing.

Individually even attempting to sort separate etc would be a nightmare.  (unless it was 3,000,000 of the same worthless issue)  

Image 3,000,000 copies of a FCB knockoff reprint of something like a

NFL SuperPro #11Screenshot_20240218_170920_Chrome.thumb.jpg.015fd02396bbcd4568122b0c26e1860f.jpg

This cover is proof that this man is a pro two sport athlete and is a super hero AND teamed up with Spiderman! 

Show Some Respect GIFs | Tenor

I would go with 1 30K grail. If I needed $ quick it would be easier to liquidate the 1 book, even if I took a bit of a loss. 300 $100 books would take you forever to unload unless you were willing to take a real haircut.

On 1/14/2023 at 4:29 PM, shadroch said:

Depends.

I'd rather have a BB28 than an entire run of Justice League books, but if I was trying to make money, I'd go with with the boxes of $10 books.

I can tell you must definitely enjoy being a masochist to want to go through the laborious and tedious pain and cost of trying to sell 3,000 $10 books as opposed to the simple, easy, and fast high of just selling one $30K book.  (: