• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would You Rather Have (1) $30,000 Comic or (300) $100 Comics
8 8

93 posts in this topic

I have about 300 $4 comics, so I'd rather have either, but in general, I think I'd actually rather have the 300 $100 comics, because I think there is more of a chance that some of those could increase in value at a better rate than the 1 $30,000 book. I like the idea of diversifying, and being able to move a portion of the books if I have to.

So, I'd break it down as such: Would I rather have one $30K Matt Baker, or 300 $100 Matt Bakers???

Leaning towards the 300 book club. Easier to buy/sell/trade/upgrade?  One $30k book gets damaged, I'm not happy.  One $100 book gets damaged, I'm not happy either, but less sad.

On 1/14/2023 at 4:26 PM, KCOComics said:

1 $30k book. 

Books you really want worth around $100, you can pretty much buy at any time. A $30k Hulk 1, you can't. Give me the Hulk 1 

Good point. I agree with that. 

But for more complete understanding of the OP's proposition - is this an all-or-nothing choice? IOW, you can have only one $30K book or you can have 300 $100 books and THAT'S ALL you can have?