• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA and earlier Character Premiums, SF and hero related tokens and toys
2 2

133 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2023 at 7:21 AM, sagii said:

These were 'poster like' pictures you would cut out a coupon from the comics and mail away for. Back is blank. This one and one with Porky in a sailors uniform are the most coveted ithink. Don't have the Porky one, but I have others including one (or two?) I got from @Robot Man (worship)

Very cool-thanks! Now I need to find both!

On 1/19/2023 at 1:43 PM, Robot Man said:

Also, exceedingly rare is the MLJ paper projector. I know of one or maybe two other examples. Cool piece as it features most of the characters in the early comics. 

mljprojector1.jpg

mljprojector2.jpg

mljprojector3.jpg

mljprojector4.jpg

mljprojector5.jpg

Appreciate the Looney Tunes nod good sir!

This MLJ projector piece is INSANE (as is your collection in general of course!)

Thanks for posting! 

On 1/19/2023 at 11:01 AM, Robot Man said:

For @IngelsFan, in addition to the 3 finbacks, here is a membership certificate. If you look at the buttons carefully, you will see the title change from New Adventure to Adventure. In addition is what I believe the first comic book premium. The More Fun Club pinback. Discovered this probably 30 years ago at a flea market. Was part of a group of old non-comic book club buttons a lady was selling. Couldn't grab my wallet fast enough...:roflmao:

Also included is a slightly out of register Flash Comics button. A prize for entering a contest in an early issue of All Flash. As well as a similar Wonder Woman GA pin and a 1940's Valentine. 

And a kid's fake cardboard watch made in Japan. The only GA items I know of for Flash and WW.

dcpremiums.jpg

wonderwomanstuff.jpg

flash:supermanwatch.jpeg

The Junior Federal Men certificate is my white whale! I have two sets of the pins but the cert is tough. 

On 1/19/2023 at 12:38 PM, Robot Man said:

Some cool stuff starting to emerge here. Thought I would "elaborate" on what has popped up.

For @143ksk Maybe slightly cheating here date wise but a couple more interesting Archie pieces

archierollerskatingpostcard.jpg

archie1962calendar.jpg

Pretty sure the Chicago Roller Skate stuff is late '50s to '60s.

Here's a jumbo Archie Chicago Roller Skates display poster.

IMG_5003 (2).JPG