• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA and earlier Character Premiums, SF and hero related tokens and toys
2 2

133 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2023 at 7:16 AM, Yellow Kid said:

A couple of early Billy Bounce pinbacks.  The second one was offered by several different newspapers.

Billy Bounce pinbacks.jpg

Now that's an early character. Probably pre teens? I have nothing from him in my collection. Please feel free to post more platinum character stuff Rich. Good to see you back here!

On 1/21/2023 at 7:36 AM, Pickie said:

From an exhibition in Dortmund, Germany, about the "Katzenjammer Kids" and the Dirks family I visited today ... 😊

20230121_112552.thumb.jpg.14c0c6431fab4f9453ff08cea1d5990c.jpg

20230121_112619.thumb.jpg.b65a8026001486c17149a4a7842112de.jpg

Nice! That is one cool set of buttons. A set of 86 offered by Pep cereal in 1945-1946. They came one each in cereal boxes. You could send away for a beanie to put them on. There were several smaller sets that make up the 86. Ironically, Superman was the only character offered in all of them.

I have put together several sets.They used to be fairly easy to find. Unusally in groups. Not so much any more. 

Sky King Mexican Aztec Ring. Circa 1950 and offered by Peter Pan Peanut Butter. Also, pretty big. Always drawn to it by the large green emerald stone. Like a lot of these, there is no marking as to the character. Makes them more exclusive and "secret". Also fun to find "in the wild" as most sellers don't know what it is. 

ringskyking.jpg