• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Winter Edition (#5) Round 1
15 15

155 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2023 at 2:22 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

For as much as it pleases the wider participants of this, the 'winter edition' grading contest, run most ably by the former board member 'comicdonna', lower case c, who, incidentally, now oversees this, the 'CGC Comic Forum' under the new guise of 'CGC Mike' - Mike, note, not Michael - that would be too stuffy and business like - following his change of career last year from lumberjack to administrator of justice and control on a comic chat board - an odd choice of career change, when one stops to think about it, but, each to their own and, as the saying goes, a "change is as good as a rest" - I thought it best to follow the long standing board contest tradition - namely, the statement to the wider group that one's grades are 'in' - by doing in fact, just that, and stating through the medium of this 'post', as which they are commonly referred in online parlance, that, after long and careful consideration of the images provided by lower case comicdonna, but in his aforementioned new guise of 'CGC Mike' - and with all due consideration to my quite frankly lousy positions on the final leaderboards of previous contests, my opening grades can now be considered by the common considered majority to be, in fact, 'in'.

Why am I reminded of Uncle Colm from Derry Girls? ... 

Oh, and "In", btw...

On 1/27/2023 at 1:22 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

For as much as it pleases the wider participants of this, the 'winter edition' grading contest, run most ably by the former board member 'comicdonna', lower case c, who, incidentally, now oversees this, the 'CGC Comic Forum' under the new guise of 'CGC Mike' - Mike, note, not Michael - that would be too stuffy and business like - following his change of career last year from lumberjack to administrator of justice and control on a comic chat board - an odd choice of career change, when one stops to think about it, but, each to their own and, as the saying goes, a "change is as good as a rest" - I thought it best to follow the long standing board contest tradition - namely, the statement to the wider group that one's grades are 'in' - by doing in fact, just that, and stating through the medium of this 'post', as which they are commonly referred in online parlance, that, after long and careful consideration of the images provided by lower case comicdonna, but in his aforementioned new guise of 'CGC Mike' - and with all due consideration to my quite frankly lousy positions on the final leaderboards of previous contests, my opening grades can now be considered by the common considered majority to be, in fact, 'in'.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:14 PM, ArcherC said:

Why am I reminded of Uncle Colm from Derry Girls? ... 

Oh, and "In", btw...

Reminds me of something from "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead". 

On 1/27/2023 at 3:22 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

comicdonna is CGC Mike...

mind blown...Finkle is Einhorn...

• Administrator
On 1/27/2023 at 3:22 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I am speechless!  lol