• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your one and only favorite Silver Age Cover
2 2

85 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2023 at 9:43 PM, bronze johnny said:

This was extremely difficult for me and it came down to this:

4411D6BD-56FF-42AA-9A3E-EF098CF4E473.jpeg.3df899728f00fbbefefb09256e2b0991.jpeg
I loved 50s Sci Fi and horror and this one captures that era along with the lost world genre. The “War that Time Forgot” reminds me of “Kelly’s Heroes” meets the “Land that Time Forgot.” I also remember taking my plastic army soldiers and tanks and used them to fight the plastic dinosaurs my mom bought for me off the spinning rack in the local pharmacy. I’m so happy we didn’t have computer games and smart phones back in the early 1970s. It’s a “place and time that I will never forget…”

DAMM!  That's a sweet copy (worship)

On 1/29/2023 at 9:43 PM, bronze johnny said:

This was extremely difficult for me and it came down to this:

4411D6BD-56FF-42AA-9A3E-EF098CF4E473.jpeg.3df899728f00fbbefefb09256e2b0991.jpeg
I loved 50s Sci Fi and horror and this one captures that era along with the lost world genre. The “War that Time Forgot” reminds me of “Kelly’s Heroes” meets the “Land that Time Forgot.” I also remember taking my plastic army soldiers and tanks and used them to fight the plastic dinosaurs my mom bought for me off the spinning rack in the local pharmacy. I’m so happy we didn’t have computer games and smart phones back in the early 1970s. It’s a “place and time that I will never forget…”

Love dark backgrounds on books. Seems to highlight the artwork on cover.