• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggest new CUSTOM CGC LABELS here!
9 9

140 posts in this topic

I need about 20 issues with the retired label to have Amazing Spiderman 1-100 in the Spiderman over NYC label. 

I just got back 35 issues with the label I wanted that I submitted in May 2022 so I feel I should be able to complete my set. 

can you help me?

image.thumb.jpeg.908bdb3a017e34c93a1f37ec5560df7d.jpeg

• Administrator
On 3/8/2023 at 12:22 AM, jimhouston1 said:

I need about 20 issues with the retired label to have Amazing Spiderman 1-100 in the Spiderman over NYC label. 

I just got back 35 issues with the label I wanted that I submitted in May 2022 so I feel I should be able to complete my set. 

can you help me?

I will ask.

• Administrator
On 3/8/2023 at 12:22 AM, jimhouston1 said:

can you help me?

image.thumb.jpeg.908bdb3a017e34c93a1f37ec5560df7d.jpeg

Here is the reply I received from marketing:

We are actually most likely going to bring this label back but it might have a few minor changes to it. If he can hang on for a few more months he might be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, I do not think OPs has any of these left ...

Batman, Flash, Superman..... For the Flash Movie. Tho I would be equally happy with 4 different batman labels haha

Deadpool. I wish I could have had the 9.9 please Deadpool label for my NM 98

Or if they bring back the Hobgoblin label

Edited by Devilla06

On 3/8/2023 at 8:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

We are actually most likely going to bring this label back but it might have a few minor changes to it. If he can hang on for a few more months he might be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, I do not think OPs has any of these left ...

Thank you for the response. 
I will get the raw books graded with regular labels and send the graded books in that need the NYC Spiderman label when it comes out. 

On 3/8/2023 at 7:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

Man I would love to see some of the retired labels come back. I collect Silver Surfer, and have a bunch with the most recent label, but it seems like it was so short lived! I have so many books I would reholder if it came back!

On 2/6/2023 at 11:46 AM, CGC Mike said:

Unfortunately, we are not doing DC labels at this time.  However, Marketing has told me they are very interested in seeing your Marvel requests.

Is it just not getting enough money from DC or too much from Marvel?

This has been an issue. Not only with CGC comics but they have the same issue with not grading DC cards. 

Seriously it is ridiculous to only accept one of the comic producers and not the rest.

2c

They will keep adding more card games, games , VHS but not all non sports cards or Treasury size comics? 

• Administrator
On 5/28/2023 at 1:01 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Is it just not getting enough money from DC or too much from Marvel?

This has been an issue. Not only with CGC comics but they have the same issue with not grading DC cards. 

Seriously it is ridiculous to only accept one of the comic producers and not the rest.

2c

They will keep adding more card games, games , VHS but not all non sports cards or Treasury size comics? 

You are assuming we are making the decision to not "accept" DC.  To be honest, I do not know what talks have been taking place with DC.  I do know tons of contracts have to be signed, and multiple other paperwork, fees ect... have to take place before we can print these labels.  Everything has to be in order.  We can't just print out labels.  

I'm a fan of the "creator" labels like the Mcfarlane or Alex ross ones. Would be nice to have a label for Frank Miller's new company next time he signs. A Tiny Onion one for James Tynion would be cool too. 

Also, maybe some sort of "in memory of.." label. Have a percentage go to charity or the artist's family. 

On 5/28/2023 at 6:35 AM, CGC Mike said:

You are assuming we are making the decision to not "accept" DC.  To be honest, I do not know what talks have been taking place with DC.  I do know tons of contracts have to be signed, and multiple other paperwork, fees ect... have to take place before we can print these labels.  Everything has to be in order.  We can't just print out labels.  

I wasn't assuming.  CGC has done a few DC labels in limited qty.

It is just that CGC has not only done very few DC labels, it is as I said in the above post they have chose to do the Marvel Cards but not include  DC .

I do understand the mountain of things it takes to obtain licensing to use IP. 

It just seems off that CGC has very little that it does with DC.  

It definitely would be different if DC is saying they do not want to work with CGC.