• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggest new CUSTOM CGC LABELS here!
9 9

140 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 6/7/2023 at 12:54 PM, Hanq said:

That link only shows the most recent retired labels. Is there a comprehensive list that shows all of the labels that have been retired?

I do not believe there is a link on our website that contains such a list.  I am guessing one could compile one through research.  

As Marvel publishes Star Wars.
I think a classic Star Wars logo using the cover of #1 from 1977 (see below)
Then a series of labels for each character that has their own individual series.
This would also cover those fans that may want to reholder their legacy Dark Horse books for new labels.

StrWarj_1_92.jpg

• Administrator
On 8/11/2023 at 9:16 PM, Lady Death Footstool said:

Is there a list of the comics that the current labels are taken from? Trying to track down some comics to match the current labels.

I am not aware of any list of the actual books the labels are taken from.   

Seeing this again I will scream out into the void for a "golden age" custom label. There are thousands of comic characters in public domain that could be used in a small collage representative of the era. This would not incur any licensing costs to CGC, they could even use original drawings and photoshop them without having to commission new art.

• Miss Masque
  • Captain Battle
  • Miss Fury
  • Captain Future
  • Arrow
  • Fantomah

On 8/11/2023 at 9:53 PM, DougC said:

Seeing this again I will scream out into the void for a "golden age" custom label. There are thousands of comic characters in public domain that could be used in a small collage representative of the era. This would not incur any licensing costs to CGC, they could even use original drawings and photoshop them without having to commission new art.

• Miss Masque
  • Captain Battle
  • Miss Fury
  • Captain Future
  • Arrow
  • Fantomah

Toss in Black Terror too 

Aside from the various DC/non-superhero labels, maybe create a special 25 year, 50 year, and 75 year labels for the age year of the book. A Universal or Signature Series basic label with a foil bronze 25, silver 50, and golden 75 and the specific year(s).

Edited by Gabriel Michaels

Can I suggest a Canadian flag for Canadian Price Variants, U.K. flag for pence variants and Australian flag for Australian price variants.

I understand CGC pays commission to the artists for the use of the imagery but I expect that the license rights for flags must be very affordable. Hopefully!

IMG_7687.png

IMG_7688.png

IMG_7689.png

Edited by TK2
Adding flags

On 3/9/2023 at 2:19 AM, CGC Mike said:

Here is the reply I received from marketing:

We are actually most likely going to bring this label back but it might have a few minor changes to it. If he can hang on for a few more months he might be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, I do not think OPs has any of these left ...

Is there any more update on this Spiderman label thanks?

• Administrator
On 9/5/2023 at 5:51 AM, TK2 said:
On 3/8/2023 at 8:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here is the reply I received from marketing:

We are actually most likely going to bring this label back but it might have a few minor changes to it. If he can hang on for a few more months he might be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, I do not think OPs has any of these left ...

Is there any more update on this Spiderman label thanks?

I don't have any info at this time.  I will be compiling requests in this thread some time soon.  I will then ask the marketing manager about this specific custom label.

Similar to characters in the public domain, how about publisher logos in the public domain?  One of my favorite publishers seems to be public domain: St John Publishing.

stjohnlogo01.jpg.87d4ba3cd198486febb8ea9bec265fae.jpg

Is EC Comics' logo available?  Standard?

There probably isn't enough interest, but a L. Miller publisher logo would get me to send a few of those....

Another request.
Is there a way to have the various artist / writer custom labels that have been created for signings to remain constants?
For example, Todd McFarlane scroll or Alex Ross logo.
This way if someone isn't a fan of Signature Series (I don't know why they wouldn't be) they can still submit for various books for custom labels regardless of signing timeframe.