• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggest new CUSTOM CGC LABELS here!
9 9

140 posts in this topic

They keep forgetting to post the retired Wolverine label with the blue background. 

I understand they don’t have the rights to use the Stan Lee ones either, both silver and red signature versions, but it would be nice to at least acknowledge they exist so people coming into the industry aren’t confused when they come across them. 

Id like to see a vintage Iron Man logo, the #128 cover image shown earlier would be a good choice. 

I do like the custom labels, but I’m also particular about the label matching the book in terms of era. For example, I wouldn’t have put that label with the more modern armor style on an Iron Man #1. Personal preference, YMMV. I also much prefer the unvaulted Spider-man label over the JSC, as it is more applicable across eras of the character. 

Edited by mysterio

On 9/5/2023 at 6:05 PM, Yorick said:

Similar to characters in the public domain, how about publisher logos in the public domain?  One of my favorite publishers seems to be public domain: St John Publishing.

stjohnlogo01.jpg.87d4ba3cd198486febb8ea9bec265fae.jpg

Is EC Comics' logo available?  Standard?

There probably isn't enough interest, but a L. Miller publisher logo would get me to send a few of those....

In this same vein, since Marvel plays ball on the labels what about various eras of their logos? I would personally do a ton of Atlas globe custom labels. 

IMG_2764.jpeg
I’ll be quiet now. 

Edited by mysterio

On 8/17/2023 at 12:06 PM, Gabriel Michaels said:

Aside from the various DC/non-superhero labels, maybe create a special 25 year, 50 year, and 75 year labels for the age year of the book. A Universal or Signature Series basic label with a foil bronze 25, silver 50, and golden 75 and the specific year(s).

I think that might detract from the pedigree labels, but what if CGC made their own anniversary labels?  When did CGC start grading comics anyway?

@CGC Mike, this may have been addressed before, but if it could be possible to mix custom labels on one submission that would allow more custom labels to be used. I have had plenty of books I would have used a custom label with, but since it would have incurred the extra costs of a separate sub (handling fee and separate shipping) I did not. 

Edited by mysterio

On 11/13/2023 at 7:12 AM, mysterio said:

@CGC Mike, this may have been addressed before, but if it could be possible to mix custom labels on one submission that would allow more custom labels to be used. I have had plenty of books I would have used a custom label with, but since it would have incurred the extra costs of a separate sub (handling fee and separate shipping) I did not. 

I  personally have not sent any books for custom labels.  How does this work?  You're not allowed to just send all your books at once and they sort them out (custom label v. regular)?

• Administrator
On 11/13/2023 at 10:12 AM, mysterio said:

I am checking into this.

• Administrator
On 11/13/2023 at 10:12 AM, mysterio said:

Here is what the marketing manager has told me.  Can you send me some screenshots?

"Can he send an example of when this is not working? If you have a Spider-Man book and then a Thor book, you should be able to get a Spider-Man label on one and then a Thor label on another. It should never stop that from happening so I am curious about the issue he is seeing on his end."

Idk if he'll respond as probably at work, but it sounded more like to me he was asking for, "blue universal label on one the Spidey, and a Thor label on the Thor book...."

Not a sub of all labels, but a sub of regular labels ten books, including one or two limited custom labels... That's the only kind they've sorted, shipped separately and charged separately since the beginning.

In short he "would have got a custom label", but "not if he's going to have to separate it into another order submission, when he has ten books to sub, but only needs two custom labels, which would charge separate shipping. Cause it's not worth it to paraphrase, and he'd rather do the entire sub blue regular and to have them all back at the same time!". 

@CGC Mike but I understand if you await his response, just imo how I read it. 

On 11/13/2023 at 12:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Idk if he'll respond as probably at work, but it sounded more like to me he was asking for, "blue universal label on one the Spidey, and a Thor label on the Thor book...."

Not a sub of all labels, but a sub of regular labels ten books, including one or two limited custom labels... That's the only kind they've sorted, shipped separately and charged separately since the beginning.

In short he "would have got a custom label", but "not if he's going to have to separate it into another order submission, when he has ten books to sub, but only needs two custom labels, which would charge separate shipping. Cause it's not worth it to paraphrase, and he'd rather do the entire sub blue regular and to have them all back at the same time!". 

@CGC Mike but I understand if you await his response, just imo how I read it. 

@CGC Mike, he nailed it. If I could have both regular blue labels and custom labels in the same submission that would lead to more purchases of custom labels. As it is now, if I have 25 books and would like two of them to get Spidey labels and three to get Wolverine that means three different subs (20, 2, and 3 books) with three separate return shipments. 

On 11/13/2023 at 3:31 PM, mysterio said:

@CGC Mike, he nailed it. If I could have both regular blue labels and custom labels in the same submission that would lead to more purchases of custom labels. As it is now, if I have 25 books and would like two of them to get Spidey labels and three to get Wolverine that means three different subs (20, 2, and 3 books) with three separate return shipments. 

To be fair Mike was right in that it would only be two shipments

20 books reg label. 1st shipment 

3 wolverine and two Spidey. 2nd shipment.

Cgc mike was saying labels by themselves can all go in one shipment, which always has, and they didn't see a problem with being able to, just add the five books, upon adding the books add the label option for each individual of the five. No worries but was trying to help 😂

On 11/13/2023 at 3:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To be fair Mike was right in that it would only be two shipments

20 books reg label. 1st shipment 

3 wolverine and two Spidey. 2nd shipment.

Cgc mike was saying labels by themselves can all go in one shipment, which always has, and they didn't see a problem with being able to, just add the five books, upon adding the books add the label option for each individual of the five. No worries but was trying to help 😂

That hadn’t been my experience. When I’ve tried in the past each different label type required a different invoice. If that has changed and any/all custom labels can be used in a submission that would be a step in the right direction.