• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggest new CUSTOM CGC LABELS here!
9 9

140 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2023 at 12:25 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here is what the marketing manager has told me.  Can you send me some screenshots?

"Can he send an example of when this is not working? If you have a Spider-Man book and then a Thor book, you should be able to get a Spider-Man label on one and then a Thor label on another. It should never stop that from happening so I am curious about the issue he is seeing on his end."

On 11/13/2023 at 3:58 PM, mysterio said:

That hadn’t been my experience. When I’ve tried in the past each different label type required a different invoice. If that has changed and any/all custom labels can be used in a submission that would be a step in the right direction. 

Then he asked for an example, which I assume means screenshots :cheers:

On 11/13/2023 at 12:25 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here is what the marketing manager has told me.  Can you send me some screenshots?

"Can he send an example of when this is not working? If you have a Spider-Man book and then a Thor book, you should be able to get a Spider-Man label on one and then a Thor label on another. It should never stop that from happening so I am curious about the issue he is seeing on his end."

Just did a submission and I was able to mix custom label types in the sub. Not sure where I went wrong, but I was wrong. Thanks!

• Administrator
On 11/14/2023 at 10:28 AM, mysterio said:

Just did a submission and I was able to mix custom label types in the sub. Not sure where I went wrong, but I was wrong. Thanks!

I am glad to hear that it worked out.  :smile:

@CGC Mike Hello sir! Just was curious if there was any update from Marketing on the proposed custom labels? Any idea when CGC might retire the current lineup and release the new batch? Is it too late to make more suggestions? 

Cheers

:cheers:

• Administrator
On 12/7/2023 at 1:37 PM, D2 said:

@CGC Mike Hello sir! Just was curious if there was any update from Marketing on the proposed custom labels? Any idea when CGC might retire the current lineup and release the new batch? Is it too late to make more suggestions? 

Cheers

:cheers:

We are currently waiting on Marvel regarding the licensing agreement.   Until then, our hands are tied.  Hopefully, we will have this taken care of soon.

• Administrator
On 12/12/2023 at 3:22 PM, dbcn said:

@CGC Mike - will there be a window where both the new and the current labels are all available, or will it be a hard stop on the current labels when the new ones are announced?

Unfortunately, I do not know that info at the current time.  It may depend on the number of labels we have left after it has been retired.  Also, we always reserve some for Me's and re-holders.   

• Administrator
On 12/17/2023 at 9:38 AM, Chamber of Chills said:

I will check but, I believe you will have to wait for an announcement.

CGC and FCBD, united in their passion for comics, invite enthusiasts worldwide to stay tuned for forthcoming announcements leading up to the momentous day on May 4, 2024, promising an immersive experience for every collector and fan. Follow @CGCcomics on Facebook, Instagram and X. Follow FCBD on Facebook at Official FreeComicBookDay, on Instagram at free_comic_book_day and on X at Freecomicbook.

On top of a Phoenix I just remembered that I have a lot of Conan and Red Sonja's. Would die to have a Conan/Sonja label lol. If it's possible to have em both on a label kinda how Xmen labels have multiple characters, that would be sweet. Conan the Barbarian #24 has the perfect shot too 👌 😍 

Give me my Millie the Model custom label! there are like probably 3 of us...who want it.

all kidding aside a multi-use "golden age" custom label would be nice. It could be a collage of public domain characters or one with specific Marvel/Timely/Atlas

• Administrator
On 3/29/2024 at 8:33 AM, captainzombie said:

@CGC Mike, I know that this has been answered before, but for DC is it a licensing issue as to why we never have any custom labels?

That is correct.