• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic theft
10 10

86 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2023 at 8:15 PM, Bird said:

horrible, I hope it all works out well but even the stress is unfair and ridiculous

I wish the laughing emojis were not removed, when people tell you who they are you should listen but now I have no idea

too many less than genuine posters, it is disgusting

not nearly as disgusting as the theft of course. Thanks for posting details and identifying info.

Yeah, I initially pointed it out because I thought it was in really poor taste. Obviously it's up to Mike's prerogative to remove those, and I totally understand that. I'm not going to circumvent his decision by revealing who it was, but I hope they understand why it was in poor taste and they realize it was a mistake.

Bob,

I was absolutely sick reading about the theft.  Having gone through something like this myself, I have an inkling on how you feel.  I hope you get some resolution either through law enforcement or insurance or a board member spotting your books when they hit the resale market.  

Definitely some inside help .... maybe another jealous or greedy dealer who flagged you for following, or a storage employee who shared the client lists. Someone may have simply hacked the storage company. I'm curious if the other pilfered units had equally valuable contents. Bummer. I'm so sorry for all the hassle this causes. I was robbed once and it changes you. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

My company had an Indianapolis storage unit broken into. Like rats on the move, the thieves went from one unit to the next, cutting holes in the walls along their way. 

I hope you recover your books, Bob. :foryou:

On 2/9/2023 at 11:48 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Yeah, I initially pointed it out because I thought it was in really poor taste. Obviously it's up to Mike's prerogative to remove those, and I totally understand that.

gotta make sure no one's upset

from-Frank-Millers-CBLDF-image[1].gif

Edited by Bird

On 2/10/2023 at 11:55 AM, shadroch said:

If I were robbing a unit and knew there were exterior cameras and exit codes,  I'd move the stuff to another unit and wait until the heat cools off. That way, I can drive in and out in a car and be cleared of any suspicion.  

Just throwing that out there.

@blazingbob This is almost exactly what happened to one of my friends who owns a small business located in a garage/warehouse facility. 4 or 5 of her neighbors businesses located in the same facility were also broken into with mostly valuable electronics, tools, and easy to move items missing. It turns out the thief (who happened to be homeless)  moved everything (including himself) into an adjacent empty unit and had been hiding out for a few days before he was caught and arrested. He was probably waiting for an opportunity to move everything when he thought no one was around. Luckily most everything missing was found but some stuff was completely broken/trashed. It’s definitely traumatizing to the victims and unfortunately diminishes trust and faith in people. I really hope everything turns up.

On 2/10/2023 at 4:35 PM, kalanye said:

@blazingbob This is almost exactly what happened to one of my friends who owns a small business located in a garage/warehouse facility. 4 or 5 of her neighbors businesses located in the same facility were also broken into with mostly valuable electronics, tools, and easy to move items missing. It turns out the thief (who happened to be homeless)  moved everything (including himself) into an adjacent empty unit and had been hiding out for a few days before he was caught and arrested. He was probably waiting for an opportunity to move everything when he thought no one was around. Luckily most everything missing was found but some stuff was completely broken/trashed. It’s definitely traumatizing to the victims and unfortunately diminishes trust and faith in people. I really hope everything turns up.

We have considered that.  Again that is the job of the detectives and public storage to determine who accessed the building if my stuff and other stuff was going out the exits.  

Public storage inside units are not floor to ceiling walls,  floor to ceiling on the doors either.  You could look into each unit if you were determined enough.

good luck finding your items -- I would hate losing that much stuff.

I find it hard to believe that they could rob that many units and load it into a truck that fast. I suspect the thought of a large unit holding all if it seems likely if the in and out vehicles don't make sense. At least it wasn't just your books taken -- so the cops might actually try harder to find the stuff stolen and not use the old "it's just comic books" attitude we've seen sometimes

Bob,

Just reading this thread makes me sick.  So sorry this happened to you or rather was done to you.  

I am spreading the word to be on the look out.  

I hope everyone who reads this thread will take it seriously and spread this news to everyone they know.  Let’s get as many eyes looking for these books as possible. 

Like everyone has been posting, very sorry this happened to you Bob. I hope your comics will be found and brought back to you and those thieves caught. 

It's unfortunate that a lot of brick and mortar stores and storage units are broken into and robbed even in broad daylight.  I see it too with sports card stores. Sad world we live in :mad:

On 2/9/2023 at 9:15 PM, Bird said:

I wish the laughing emojis were not removed, when people tell you who they are you should listen but now I have no idea

Completely agree. Why are we censoring emojis?????

Let people's true colors shine through for the world to see.