• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Fedex shipping rules
3 3

58 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

My client is having problems getting his CGC package from Fedex.  Fedex has attempted 3 times and in the process of returning.  He says he cannot pickup the package in person at Fedex because CGC has indicated that this is not allowed.  Is this correct?  This makes no sense.  I told him he simply go to Fedex with ID and should be able to pickup.  Is this not allowed?

Thank you.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/blackrock-increases-position-in-fedex-fdx
BlackRock Inc. ownership in FDX / FedEx Corporation

2023-02-07 - BlackRock Inc. has filed an SC 13G/A form with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosing ownership of 16,691,254 shares of FedEx Corporation (US:FDX). This represents 6.6 percent ownership of the company. In their previous filing dated 2022-03-11 , BlackRock Inc. had reported owning 16,526,633 shares, indicating an increase of 1.00 percent.

BlackRock Inc. has a history of taking positions in derivatives of the underlying security (FDX) in the form of stock options. The firm currently holds call options representing 0 of underlying shares valued at $0 USD and put options representing 0 of underlying shares valued at $0 USD .

Note: prior versions of this page mistakenly stated that the share values represented the number of options, not the number of underlying shares. For more information on the data backing these reports, please see the SEC document Frequently Asked Questions About Form 13F.

Edit: Confused Rock with Stone.

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/7/2023 at 7:04 PM, MAR1979 said:
2023-02-07 - BlackRock Inc. has filed an SC 13G/A form ... disclosing ownership of 16,691,254 shares of FedEx Corporation (US:FDX).

Interesting enough, for sure.  But let's not confuse BlackRock with Blackstone (which has majority ownership of CCG & CGC).  (thumbsu

Blackstone.png.ad49783f89597c718ab52c64701cd871.png

On 2/7/2023 at 10:04 PM, MAR1979 said:
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/blackrock-increases-position-in-fedex-fdx
BlackRock Inc. ownership in FDX / FedEx Corporation

2023-02-07 - BlackRock Inc. has filed an SC 13G/A form with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosing ownership of 16,691,254 shares of FedEx Corporation (US:FDX). This represents 6.6 percent ownership of the company. In their previous filing dated 2022-03-11 , BlackRock Inc. had reported owning 16,526,633 shares, indicating an increase of 1.00 percent.

BlackRock Inc. has a history of taking positions in derivatives of the underlying security (FDX) in the form of stock options. The firm currently holds call options representing 0 of underlying shares valued at $0 USD and put options representing 0 of underlying shares valued at $0 USD .

Note: prior versions of this page mistakenly stated that the share values represented the number of options, not the number of underlying shares. For more information on the data backing these reports, please see the SEC document Frequently Asked Questions About Form 13F.

We've all wondered 'why 'since CGC implemented this stupid rule. They've repeatedly told us it's for our own good and to prevent theft, however we've not heard of a single instance where a problem that had occurred would've been prevented had this stupid rule been in place at the time. It looks like we now know 'why'.

CGC has repeatedly lied to us - both on their home page and on these boards. (and not just about this)  Par for the course.

I've ranted about FedEx in other threads, but yeah, this policy is the worst. I have terrible luck with FedEx, who i've caught redhanded lying about attempting delivery.

Not sure if it will work for your client, but the last CGC package I had delivered by FedEx was due to have a third attempt, and I knew I wouldn't be home because, well, I'm at work during the day, and that's always when FedEx comes. After explaining the situation to the person at the call center, they told me that I could sign a piece of paper and stick it in my door, and he would instruct the driver to leave the package. This seemed dubious at best, but I tried it, and I'll be damned, they took the signed piece of paper and left the package. But as for trying to pick it up at a hub, they would not give me that option.

Edited by F For Fake

IMHO Fedex is THE WORST. Which says a lot as I loathe UPS.

Folks can say what they want about USPS, but I can and do have my mail held at my local post office.  In addition if no one is home for a registered parcel it is held at the post office for 2 weeks. I simply walk over on Sat and pick  up my stuff. Does not get anymore convenient than that!

Sadly in my somewhat dense suburban area USPS PO Boxes are among the most costly in the country :(  As a result my submitting days to CGC have ended as under no condition will I use Fedex only to have a package lost yet again. 

Ah yes, FedEx....

Just received a mechanical error fix (that has to be re-sent again for more of the same error), from FedEx.

The day of delivery they said no one was home to sign for the package, then the next day they just left it on the porch anyway, no doorbell or anything.

If I miss the delivery at my home I drive across the city to the main depot and pick up the parcel. I have never had a problem with picking it up but only after fedex has gone through the delivery attempt. What I can not do is change the delivery instructions. I can't ask them to change the instructions to hold the parcel at the depot or deliver to a location I know I am going to be at, I have to wait until they have made their attempt(s) to deliver and I receive a "doorknocker" and only then can I go pick it up.

hope this helps

• Administrator
On 2/7/2023 at 7:09 PM, spidermanbeyond said:

@CGC Mike

Please let us know if a package can be picked up at Fedex after 3 failed attempts and before return

This is from customer service:

We ship their order to the return address they list on their form.  Everything is shipped signature required.  If the customer is not home to sign for it FedEx will attempt delivery 3 times.  After 3 times, it comes back to us.  We will reach out to the customer once it is received back in the office to verify the address and arrange another shipment.  They can provide an alternate address at that time, or they can provide the address of a FE pick up location.  

We do not allow any changes to shipping once the order has left the office.  Packages cannot be re-routed or adjusted at that point.  It is for the security of their items.

On 2/8/2023 at 5:32 PM, CGC Mike said:

This is from customer service:

We ship their order to the return address they list on their form.  Everything is shipped signature required.  If the customer is not home to sign for it FedEx will attempt delivery 3 times.  After 3 times, it comes back to us.  We will reach out to the customer once it is received back in the office to verify the address and arrange another shipment.  They can provide an alternate address at that time, or they can provide the address of a FE pick up location.  

We do not allow any changes to shipping once the order has left the office.  Packages cannot be re-routed or adjusted at that point.  It is for the security of their items.

Good news.  My customer got a message from Fedex and was allowed to pick up the package.

This was my question from the beginning.  Can a customer go to Fedex to pick up the package with proper ID?  Fedex and CGC kept telling my customer that NO they cannot.   Again, I understand package cannot be re-routed or adjusted.  This is not the same as simply going down to where ever the package is and picking it up.  Some Fedex employees and CGC employees keep telling customers NO which is non-sense.  MIKE, Please tell your CGC customer service to stop giving incorrect information.

@CGC Mike

Edited by spidermanbeyond

On 2/10/2023 at 3:07 PM, spidermanbeyond said:

Good news.  My customer got a message from Fedex and was allowed to pick up the package.

This was my question from the beginning.  Can a customer go to Fedex to pick up the package with proper ID?  Fedex and CGC kept telling my customer that NO they cannot.   Again, I understand package cannot be re-routed or adjusted.  This is not the same as simply going down to where ever the package is and picking it up.  Some Fedex employees and CGC employees keep telling customers NO which is non-sense.  MIKE, Please tell your CGC customer service to stop giving incorrect information.

@CGC Mike

@CGC Mikeand Customer service did not give You incorrect information. 

Yes. - I've been able to go to the local FedEx facility and pick up packages on 3 seperate occasions.  But only after spending x amount of hours on the phone with multiple FeEx Reps.  It is an exception to the rule.  You have to get special permission to go into the holding facility.  I personnaly had to get ok'd to go into their locked & gated facility by security guards and then I had to show proper ID all while another security guard accompanied me.  It felt really weird being there...

Yes, you can go to FedEx if that office allows it.  Don't contact general FedEx, find the phone number to the local facility and call them.  They will pull it off of the truck after the first attempt.  If you call the 800# they will tell you they can't do it.  It is still just easier for me to have all my FedEx packages sent to be held at my local Walgreens.