• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Burdon's Atlanta Storage Unit theft
2 2

67 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2023 at 1:40 AM, Krismusic said:

Hopefully we can change this and be better! Like the heroes we follow in our comics! 

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.”

Are you suggesting Roy put on spandex and fight crime? :baiting:

On 2/12/2023 at 6:40 AM, Krismusic said:

Hopefully we can change this and be better! Like the heroes we follow in our comics! 

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.”

Yup . Enablement.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I have just gotton to the age where I need to down size. I realize, over the many years I’ve been collecting, I have a lot of stuff that I don’t really love or need. I am more than happy to get rid of a whole box and turn it into a couple of better books.

Problem is prices have gotton so out of hand, it is hard to justify most purchases. Had worked out great on what I’ve been selling though…

The last thing I would want to do is to have to pay to store my stuff offsite. 

On 2/11/2023 at 10:26 PM, Bumble Kitty said:

I generally agree with this post.  I believe it will get worse in the short term, but it will get better in the long term.  Maybe even much better in the long term.

For those who have suffered from thefts, I sincerely feel for them.  I hope they get some sort of resolution.  :wishluck:

On 2/12/2023 at 2:04 AM, Iceman399 said:

Are you suggesting Roy put on spandex and fight crime? :baiting:

Hopefully with a Kevlar mixture now a days…. Lol 

Edited by Krismusic

On 2/12/2023 at 11:03 AM, Robot Man said:

I have just gotton to the age where I need to down size. I realize, over the many years I’ve been collecting, I have a lot of stuff that I don’t really love or need. I am more than happy to get rid of a whole box and turn it into a couple of better books.

Problem is prices have gotton so out of hand, it is hard to justify most purchases. Had worked out great on what I’ve been selling though…

The last thing I would want to do is to have to pay to store my stuff offsite. 

I feel the same way. I am not dogging anyone who keeps their stuff stored somewhere else, and I understand that in many situations it may be a necessity. You're in between places, you're relocating, or you're a for-real dealer with more stock than you can house. I get it. But for me, when I start to exceed my storage space at home, that means it's time to sell some stuff. When the shelves get too crowded, some things have to go. And that's double for the stuff in my Storage Space (aka fancy term for "laundry room") because that's the stuff I REALLY have a hard time justifying hanging onto, as I never even see it!

I expect we'll buy one more house before we retire and ride off into the sunset, so at some point my space will likely increase. And if that should happen, I'll have no problem filling it. Until then, I just use the space I have, and when clutter starts piling up, it's time to get rid of some stuff.

And the thing about getting rid of stuff is, once you start doing it, it's easier to keep doing. It's remarkable how little I care about or miss so many things I was sure I'd "never sell."

On 2/14/2023 at 10:25 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

My stuff owns me.  Can’t wait to be rid of it all

The more I let go, the more I hear that voice in the back of my head saying "Get rid of it. All of it!" I'm not there yet, but I do hear the call.

On 2/14/2023 at 10:30 AM, F For Fake said:

The more I let go, the more I hear that voice in the back of my head saying "Get rid of it. All of it!" I'm not there yet, but I do hear the call.

I’ve always been a pack rat. I have everything in storage.  First bike.  First tonka dump truck. The list goes on.    As cool as it is to still have all my childhood stuff....it’s a massive burden.  Once it warms up, I’ve got to tackle this storage unit.  If nothing else, at least get rid of half the stuff and switch to a smaller unit.