• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Importent Comic Ad News

24 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2023 at 2:41 PM, Kramerica said:

IMG_1886.thumb.JPEG.8c0f5844a4f424ab0e9e202608e30929.JPEG

So, I like the idea. But when I break it down I have a few questions.

While it advertises enough room for 2-3 kids, are they being sent to this luxurious 3 foot hall, 9 foot square cabin in the woods for fun? Disciplinary reasons? Do the parents just need naughty time? Are the kids misbehaving and blowing models and cats up with firecrackers? There's a lot of questions I have before I invest in this property. I mean, Billy is watching the door with a friggin' gun in his hands and a smile that really creeps me out. Just what goes on in Billy's playhouse/detention facility/mini Folsom Prison?

$1.00 seems like a true bargain. Is there a catch? Does it come with kids already imprisioned in Billy's House of Horrors? And it's a "no tag back" sort of deal? You keep the kids too?

And just what is Billy guarding everyone from with his new wave buckskin hat and rifle? Indians? Do you get thrown into the frontier cabin while Billy singlehandedly protects you from people whose land you unjustly stole? Is he allowed to punish his "guests" for being obstreperous?

Is there a bathroom? One for each gender? I'm unsure if they're planning on throwing boys AND girls into this Frontier Cabin. Running water? And being constructed of "specially treated DuPont Polyethelene" doesn't sound like the kind of material you want to sandwich 3 misbegotten brats into, even if they're misbehavin' and pulling the wings off flies. 

And you can purchase 5 of these cabins for $5? That's a lot of real estate. Is Billy given sole power of what torture devices he can install in each of these roomy suites? Or will the Crypt Keeper make a guest appearance and bring the Iron Maiden for fun?

Did I take the right medication today?

If I remember correctly these were several huge pieces of carboard you could attach together. If I remember correctly we got something a bit later for my younger brother in the early 80s we called the hobbit house that was small enough for him, but fit in an apartment bedroom. It is wild that this only cost 25 cents to ship.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:41 PM, Kramerica said:

And being constructed of "specially treated DuPont Polyethelene"

As long as this material is sturdy enough to withstand a bear attack, I see no real problems.

On 2/15/2023 at 1:32 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

kirk16.jpg

U-Control Ghost: A trash bag, string, and a balloon with Casper's friendly face. Images via "Mail-Order Mysteries"

Okay, this takes the Ghost-Cake no matter what. But "conceal in pocket"? Way too many "Are you happy to see me or is that just a giant condom with a smiley face in your pocket?" jokes manifesting in my mind right now. Spectral visions of crossing the streams. Bad.

And I checked. Yes, I took the right meds today.

Edited by Kramerica