• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally...an Alex Ross signing
3 3

97 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2023 at 3:34 PM, DWill73 said:

Now, what to send? I have a very dope Master of the Universe that he did recentlly that I'll be sending in. Was thinking about the Timeless Heroes 1 per store variant or the SDCC 2022 Batman. Decisions, decisions.

Lol i like the custom label.... but i just went in on Frank Miller and a 300 #1... too close in time for me to do 2x clairmont, a miller and a ross all at once

On 2/15/2023 at 12:44 PM, ShaggyB said:

Lol i like the custom label.... but i just went in on Frank Miller and a 300 #1... too close in time for me to do 2x clairmont, a miller and a ross all at once

Question: I'm not familiar with Alex Ross but what does his custom label signature mean? Are those two lightning bolts? 🤔

EDIT: nevermind - just read that that's his personal brand logo. Very cool. 

Edited by Mewie
Answered my own question

"Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags"

Does this mean we don't need to send a window bag for graded comics? I'm sending in my 9.8 Iron Man #1 Timeless variant. A black ink sig in the white space will look really sharp.  

On 2/17/2023 at 11:38 AM, Kerdese said:

"Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags"

Does this mean we don't need to send a window bag for graded comics? I'm sending in my 9.8 Iron Man #1 Timeless variant. A black ink sig in the white space will look really sharp.  

On graded books I've just sent a backer board with the packing slip and taped the cutout from the packing slip on the backer board. I think they just temporarily put the comic and the backer board into one of their window bags til after its graded again. 

Edited by Skippeydoo

I'm in the same boat here, I've a few choices, but at $110 a pop I have to make some choices...ASM #600? Kingdom Come issues? Marvels series? Ugh...I think I have more but need to delve through my books somemore...decisions...

I hoping this FIRST signing is a sign of things to come.  I can't afford to send everything I want signed LOL

First grab for me is:

SDCC Batman 125 sketch cover

Detective 1,000 Shadows cover

Uncanny X-Men 500

Green Lantern 1

Timeless Captain America (regular)

Timeless Daredevil (regular) for my son -- his initials are DD

in close for alternates:

JSA Shazam cover (the black covers)

JSA Black Adam

JSA Green Lantern

JSA Flash

Captain Marvel 1 sketch cover

Star Wars 1 (the regular cover, I missed out on the homage)

Then there's the GOTG 3000 covers, the JUSTICE covers, his Captain America run of covers, etc etc etc --- somebody stop me !!!!

Edited by PDidds

I have several books bought direct from the ALEX ROSS store with COAs.

I wish CGC would do a special YELLOW "verified in-person by Alex Ross" label for this event, too -- be great to have Sig Series for books bought direct from the ARStore over the years.

On 2/20/2023 at 10:26 PM, PDidds said:

I hoping this FIRST signing is a sign of things to come.  I can't afford to send everything I want signed LOL

First grab for me is:

SDCC Batman 125 sketch cover

Detective 1,000 Shadows cover

Uncanny X-Men 500

Green Lantern 1

Timeless Captain America (regular)

Timeless Daredevil (regular) for my son -- his initials are DD

in close for alternates:

JSA Shazam cover (the black covers)

JSA Black Adam

JSA Green Lantern

JSA Flash

Captain Marvel 1 sketch cover

Star Wars 1 (the regular cover, I missed out on the homage)

Then there's the GOTG 3000 covers, the JUSTICE covers, his Captain America run of covers, etc etc etc --- somebody stop me !!!!

I didnt know about that Uncanny 500. Just bought it. That's going to be the 2nd book I send along with the MOTU he did in 2022.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:18 AM, DWill73 said:

I didnt know about that Uncanny 500. Just bought it. That's going to be the 2nd book I send along with the MOTU he did in 2022.

Yeah -- FANTASTIC cover and wrap around.!!

On 2/17/2023 at 12:38 PM, Kerdese said:

I was told by customer support to send in a bag with window setup.

So basically i send with a bag all done like it was a raw submission and send it with the slab.

On 2/21/2023 at 1:29 AM, PDidds said:

I have several books bought direct from the ALEX ROSS store with COAs.

I wish CGC would do a special YELLOW "verified in-person by Alex Ross" label for this event, too -- be great to have Sig Series for books bought direct from the ARStore over the years.

Never gonna happen.

If it did, i have a bunch of Mike Turner /Aspen store signed stuff id love to get graded in yellow.

You have to go to other graders for that and the value is less due to ability to fool the grade/verify sig team. They also dont want your coa.

Edited by ShaggyB

On 2/15/2023 at 3:04 PM, bobotski said:

Sending in my Kingdom Comes that just came back from the Mark Waid signing. Need to decide again if I should get them thick books/covers pressed.

Did you get them pressed for the Mark Waid signing?

On 2/15/2023 at 3:44 PM, ShaggyB said:

Ok, changed my mind. Submitting a Spawn #301 Alex Ross virgin cover.

Its already got Todd's signature on it.... so this will complete the set

On 4/9/2023 at 12:51 PM, MichaelM said:

Is it me, or did I just notice that the deadline has been extended to May 5?  Could've sworn it was originally April 14.

Yes, it was def 4/14 -- I just sent my batch and prob would have waited and sent another book had I seen the extension.