• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New cgc magazine holder
6 6

110 posts in this topic

I also have been waiting a year for CGC to get the magazines I sent in to be graded.  To make matters even worse, when I log-in to see the status of where CGC is with my order, I can't bring it up!  I can see my original submission order from last year, but can't access the spot that most recently (last week) said "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging".  With all the delays involving the new magazine holders, perhaps CGC just decided it's best not to allow magazine customers to see where exactly how far along their order is (or isn't).

Wow...I had no idea this was going on right now. I have five magazines that have been "scheduled for grading" for about six weeks, so I guess I can forget about that for a while. Current turnaround times for Standard is still listed at 69 days as well. I have twelve more magazines to get graded, but I don't think so anymore.

Two of my last three orders had to be returned for the wrong labels being with the wrong books. Now I guess paying eighty five bucks to get magazines slabbed and waiting forever will help deter me from renewing my membership in April, and making any more submissions.

Companies can only treat customers like s#it for so long. 

Edited by Sniezyk

On 3/2/2023 at 1:35 PM, Jeff Marvelman said:

I sent 12 magazine size books way back in April of 2021 - going on 2 years.  This was to clean and press first but 2 years!?  At this point i am wondering if they even have my books!?

This is beyond a joke, have you been in touch with them?

On 3/2/2023 at 5:34 PM, Jeff Marvelman said:

Back in August i was told it could be another 90 days and then in January i was told about the new slabs

Surely your books must be one of the first lot to get slabbed, they have started "apparently" Have you heard anything? 

Edited by batmiesta

I'm at business day #66 on the Magazine Hostage Situation LOL.

I sent in a ST submission beginning of November and it was originally at 43 days, so I am nowhere near the time you folks have been waiting.

What I am wondering about is that you all had been previously told other reasons for the delays. 

So, I am a still a little hesitant in believing the announcement on 3/3 that they are in production again...

If anyone does receive any magazine submissions back, please let the rest of us know.

This way we can rejoice in your good fortune and maybe we can see a little light at the end of this tunnel.

Thanks...

Edited by TegrityComics

On 3/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, CGC Mike said:

We started encapsulating magazines Friday.  They are supposed be done in the order we received them.

Hi Mike, 

I did see the much-welcomed announcement from 3/3 and did read that they will be done in the order the had been received but there was one piece of important information missing.

There is no reference to a time factor. Stating that they will be done in the order of being received does not give enough information on how much longer the waiting is. Based on some of the submissions on this thread that could mean a very long.

What I believe plenty of people want to know is actually something closer to (When). Without knowing how long the queue is backed up we still won't know if we are even in the ballpark of receiving our submissions back. I figured with all the folks on this thread who are waiting on their submission actually do start getting them back then the rest of us could possibly gauge a more accurate timeframe based on submission date/number and type of service.

I would also like to add that all my other submissions had been way beyond perfection in the timing and speed in which it was done. Quality and communication that was needed had been a very positive experience and I do appreciate you Mike on how fast you answer questions and inquiries back.  

Thanks,