• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New cgc magazine holder
6 6

110 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 3/8/2023 at 7:06 AM, TegrityComics said:

Hi Mike, 

I did see the much-welcomed announcement from 3/3 and did read that they will be done in the order the had been received but there was one piece of important information missing.

There is no reference to a time factor. Stating that they will be done in the order of being received does not give enough information on how much longer the waiting is. Based on some of the submissions on this thread that could mean a very long.

What I believe plenty of people want to know is actually something closer to (When). Without knowing how long the queue is backed up we still won't know if we are even in the ballpark of receiving our submissions back. I figured with all the folks on this thread who are waiting on their submission actually do start getting them back then the rest of us could possibly gauge a more accurate timeframe based on submission date/number and type of service.

I would also like to add that all my other submissions had been way beyond perfection in the timing and speed in which it was done. Quality and communication that was needed had been a very positive experience and I do appreciate you Mike on how fast you answer questions and inquiries back.  

Thanks,

I will see if I can get an answer to this.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:22 AM, CGC Mike said:

I will see if I can get an answer to this.

Thank you @CGC Mike for you advocacy on our behalf.  I think a good start would be to get the turnaround time page reflecting reality.  An honest snapshot of where we are could go a long way.  A  focused effort on getting these backlogged magazines completed as quickly as possible would go even farther.

Thanks for all you do

Alec

• Administrator
On 3/8/2023 at 8:30 AM, Famous Monsters Forryever said:

Thank you @CGC Mike for you advocacy on our behalf.  I think a good start would be to get the turnaround time page reflecting reality.  An honest snapshot of where we are could go a long way.  A  focused effort on getting these backlogged magazines completed as quickly as possible would go even farther.

Thanks for all you do

Alec

Hi

I will inquire about this as well.

Mike

“You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.” — Admiral James Stockdale

Stockdale was the highest-ranking American officer in the "Hanoi Hilton" POW camp, where he spent over seven years.  He noted that the "optimists" were the ones who were not making it out alive, after thinking they would be out by Christmas, then Christmas would come and go, and they would think they would be out by Easter, but then they would still be there and eventually die of a broken heart.  Stockdale recognized that the only way to survive was to deal with the brutal reality of his situation on a day-to-day basis, while never losing faith that he would eventually be released.

This has come to be known as "The Stockdale Paradox."

Hopefully those of you with books vacationing in Florida for the last year can adopt this strategy--never losing faith that you will one day see your books again, but knowing that it won't be today.

On 3/8/2023 at 1:34 PM, Axe Elf said:

“You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.” — Admiral James Stockdale

Stockdale was the highest-ranking American officer in the "Hanoi Hilton" POW camp, where he spent over seven years.  He noted that the "optimists" were the ones who were not making it out alive, after thinking they would be out by Christmas, then Christmas would come and go, and they would think they would be out by Easter, but then they would still be there and eventually die of a broken heart.  Stockdale recognized that the only way to survive was to deal with the brutal reality of his situation on a day-to-day basis, while never losing faith that he would eventually be released.

This has come to be known as "The Stockdale Paradox."

Hopefully those of you with books vacationing in Florida for the last year can adopt this strategy--never losing faith that you will one day see your books again, but knowing that it won't be today.

I do not think that anybody held prisoner at the Hanoi Hilton paid for their stay there like we did for our books to vacation in Florida. LOL

I guess the most frustrating thing about the whole situation is that they weren’t honest about the delays. Mine was sent in 1/18/22 with a turnaround of 140 days but every time I would be about to reach the return time it would magically extend a few more weeks. My books didn’t move  from scheduled for grading until I called several times in Feb. If they’re really doing them in order received I would think mine would be close to the top of the list but I’m not holding my breath.

On 3/8/2023 at 2:53 PM, Famous Monsters Forryever said:

My economy magazines have been Scheduled for Grading since 2/3/2022.  266 Florida workdays.  Anyone earlier?

Alec

About the same for me as well. Received 1/18/22. Moved to scheduled for grading shortly after but then just stalled.

On 3/8/2023 at 1:19 PM, TegrityComics said:

I do not think that anybody held prisoner at the Hanoi Hilton paid for their stay there like we did for our books to vacation in Florida. LOL

Well yeah, it is kind of ironic that this is a service you all have requested and paid for, but still...

@CGC Mike While you are already inquiring with your team about the plan to address what I’m guessing is a significant backlog, I was wondering if you could inquire about the plan for slabbing oversized comics that use the magazine case. I have a modern fast track submission I made 3 days prior to CGC announcing the new cases and the hold on production. Will submissions like this still be getting pushed through following modern TATs like they would have prior to the case redesign or is it a true first in, first out for all items, magazine or comic, using the new cases?

• Administrator
On 3/8/2023 at 6:52 PM, David Bernstein said:

@CGC Mike While you are already inquiring with your team about the plan to address what I’m guessing is a significant backlog, I was wondering if you could inquire about the plan for slabbing oversized comics that use the magazine case. I have a modern fast track submission I made 3 days prior to CGC announcing the new cases and the hold on production. Will submissions like this still be getting pushed through following modern TATs like they would have prior to the case redesign or is it a true first in, first out for all items, magazine or comic, using the new cases?

I was told that magazines would be encapsulated in the order received.  I'll wait until I can get a time frame for when we will be caught up, and updated turn around times listed on our website.  Another question will delay an answer for the 2 questions I have in with upper management. 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:26 PM, CGC Mike said:

I was told that magazines would be encapsulated in the order received.  I'll wait until I can get a time frame for when we will be caught up, and updated turn around times listed on our website.  Another question will delay an answer for the 2 questions I have in with upper management. 

Understood. I appreciate you being a go between for those of us that have questions about our items that have been sitting at CGC for 18+ months. The lack of communication regarding this holder redesign and freeze on processing books has been pretty disheartening, so I think we all are thankful for you taking the time to bring our questions to the right folks.

• Administrator
On 3/8/2023 at 7:06 AM, TegrityComics said:

Hi Mike, 

I did see the much-welcomed announcement from 3/3 and did read that they will be done in the order the had been received but there was one piece of important information missing.

There is no reference to a time factor. Stating that they will be done in the order of being received does not give enough information on how much longer the waiting is. Based on some of the submissions on this thread that could mean a very long.

What I believe plenty of people want to know is actually something closer to (When). Without knowing how long the queue is backed up we still won't know if we are even in the ballpark of receiving our submissions back. I figured with all the folks on this thread who are waiting on their submission actually do start getting them back then the rest of us could possibly gauge a more accurate timeframe based on submission date/number and type of service.

I would also like to add that all my other submissions had been way beyond perfection in the timing and speed in which it was done. Quality and communication that was needed had been a very positive experience and I do appreciate you Mike on how fast you answer questions and inquiries back.  

Thanks,

On 3/8/2023 at 8:30 AM, Famous Monsters Forryever said:

Thanks for all you do

Alec

Hi guys

Well, after a lot of communication, I wasn't very successful on getting answers, despite trying very hard.  Here is what I can post:

We have actively been increasing capacity, while maintaining quality standards, to increase all production - inclusive of magazines.  We are updating turnaround times weekly, and are hopeful to see a more accurate reflection for customer submissions.

On 3/9/2023 at 12:25 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi guys

Well, after a lot of communication, I wasn't very successful on getting answers, despite trying very hard.  Here is what I can post:

We have actively been increasing capacity, while maintaining quality standards, to increase all production - inclusive of magazines.  We are updating turnaround times weekly, and are hopeful to see a more accurate reflection for customer submissions.

Thank you for doing that!  I sense you don't care for the response about as much as we don't.  Smells very corporate BS-y.  Sad for such a once dynamic company.  That's what investment capital buys in many cases.  "Look away, nothing to see here...we're not incompetent, you're incompetent...shut up and take it peon."

Alec  

Hi Mike, 

Thanks again for trying to help get any answers for us on the delay issue. I high agree with Alec that this is corporate BS that we paid the price for.

I appreciate you wanting to keep the TAT up to date but that doesn't help us since we do not know where our submissions are at in the queue.

The updated TAT will only help those making a new submission and who actually believe that # is not fraudulent like the folks on this thread.

So, I will ask the community again... If you ever do receive your submission, please let us know when it was submitted and at what tier. 

This way we might be able to get a better indication as to HOW MUCH LONGER.

On another note, this speaks volumes...

Edited by TegrityComics

On 3/9/2023 at 5:51 PM, Foolish Mortal! said:

Screenshot_20230309-174704_Chrome.jpg.3a0afb9f335c96254cbe03f28b8cfdeb.jpg

Although it does state that a TAT is an estimate and not a guarantee, you can't just keep increasing the TAT constantly and tell the customer to suck it up.

I truly believe now that when I submitted my order there was no way it was going to be near the 43 days that showed on screen for TAT.

Part of the definition on Entering a Contract in Good Faith. In this case your submission is a form of contract and yes I checked agree...

In contract law, the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing is a general presumption that the parties to a contract will deal with each other honestly, fairly, and in good faith, so as to not destroy the right of the other party or parties to receive the benefits of the contract. It is implied in a number of contract types in order to reinforce the express covenants or promises of the contract.

A lawsuit (or a cause of action) based upon the breach of the covenant may arise when one party to the contract attempts to claim the benefit of a technical excuse for breaching the contract, or when he or she uses specific contractual terms in isolation in order to refuse to perform his or her contractual obligations, despite the general circumstances and understandings between the parties. When a court or trier of fact interprets a contract, there is always an "implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing" in every written agreement.

The saddest part of this is I really am not annoyed with not having my Magazine, but just not knowing how much longer this will take. 

Edited by TegrityComics