• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Age Batman
5 5

123 posts in this topic

New issue being released this week! :headbang:

Batman vol. 3 #133

Description: 

Everyone goes insane eventually. And then they belong to the terrifying Red Mask! But Gotham City has a new savior. He strikes from the shadows, exhumes the dead, and is known only as...the Batman.

And in our backup story, Tim Drake's search for Batman continues as he and Superman, Jon Kent, team up to stop the terror of the Toyman!

Batman 133.jpg

So far I’ve only read #’s 125-127.  :cry:

Lest my “crying” emoji confuse anyone, it was because after seeing the cover image for #133 I realized interior art is no longer Jorge Jimenez.  I liked the look of the book and disappointed to see a change in creative team so soon.

Edited by steveinthecity

On 3/8/2023 at 9:35 AM, kimik said:

I liked the Tynion run as he expanded the Bat-verse further with a number of new characters. I have not had a chance to read the post-Tynion arcs yet.

I read up until King's departure and then picked it back up again when Zdarsky took over writing. The creative team is on the second story arc and I'm really enjoying it. 

On 3/6/2023 at 2:40 PM, steveinthecity said:

Lest my “crying” emoji confuse anyone, it was because after seeing the cover image for #133 I realized interior art is no longer Jorge Jimenez.  I liked the look of the book and disappointed to see a change in creative team so soon.

Jorge Jimenez will be coming back with issue 135 (it's also Batman #900). He took a temporary break to work on another project I believe. 

On 3/8/2023 at 11:26 AM, The Commissioner said:
On 3/6/2023 at 2:40 PM, steveinthecity said:

Jorge Jimenez will be coming back with issue 135 (it's also Batman #900). He took a temporary break to work on another project I believe. 

I'm glad he is still around :) those design variants kind of hit their peek at the runs for a while, I hope he can make something of the Punchline. I'm not too sure how it all keeps going around and what it will come back too, but I know of him at least.

On 3/30/2023 at 3:03 PM, maraxusofkeld said:

While I am not a huge DC universe guy, the book has been consistently good since the Jim Lee run in the early 2000's or at least IMO it has been. 

Batman 608 is what I consider to be the start of the "modern-age" of Batman.

On 3/8/2023 at 10:25 AM, The Commissioner said:

I read up until King's departure and then picked it back up again when Zdarsky took over writing. The creative team is on the second story arc and I'm really enjoying it. 

I found that King lost his mojo leading up to the non-wedding event in Batman #50. Tynion was a nice change of pace that added a number of new characters to the fold. 

On 3/8/2023 at 9:25 AM, The Commissioner said:

picked it back up again when Zdarsky took over writing. The creative team is on the second story arc and I'm really enjoying it. 

fyi, Bat writer Chip Zdarsky is on a cross Canada signing tour from Toronto west to Calgary, AB to Vancouver, BC to Victoria, BC end of May 2023.

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo KILLED it (in the good way) New 52 Batman!  Story and covers were great and the Court of Owls and Endgame series within the run were fantastic IMO.

The only disappointment I had was the cover to issue #40 as it was a big issue.  It's not bad but it was definitely NOT what I was expecting, however, I still bought the 1:25 variant, newsstand and Combo pack for it - LOL