• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Age Batman
5 5

123 posts in this topic

What do you think of the upcoming story arc, Batman/Catwoman: Gotham War? I feel like there have been plenty of "Wars" in Gotham recently (War of Jokes in Riddles, City of Bane, Joker War, etc.).

Personally I would enjoy a story arc where Batman solves a crime that occurred.

On 8/14/2023 at 9:47 AM, The Commissioner said:

What do you think of the upcoming story arc, Batman/Catwoman: Gotham War? I feel like there have been plenty of "Wars" in Gotham recently (War of Jokes in Riddles, City of Bane, Joker War, etc.).

I wouldn't mind a few standalone done-in-one issues. :)

On 8/14/2023 at 9:42 AM, workingdog said:
On 8/14/2023 at 8:47 AM, The Commissioner said:

I wouldn't mind a few standalone done-in-one issues. :)

Floppies have to follow at least a four issue story arc for trades. Longer arcs are better as it means people will buy two or three trades to read it. The trade/omnibus/collected edition market drives editorial decisions for single issues now. Develop it once, sell it twice.

New issue being released this week! :headbang:

Batman vol. 3 #137

Description: 

Batman descends on Gotham City, full of rage and force, more driven than ever to save his home. But the new landscape has turned friends into foes.

Can anyone stop his reign of terror? Should they?

The Gotham War continues in this second chapter!

Batman137.thumb.jpg.bf845689076a59eec1d206f2e27e78aa.jpg

On 9/5/2023 at 8:43 PM, The Commissioner said:

Batman vol. 3 #137

Description: 

Batman descends on Gotham City, full of rage and force, more driven than ever to save his home. But the new landscape has turned friends into foes.

Can anyone stop his reign of terror? Should they?

The Gotham War continues in this second chapter!

Looking forward to picking up this book today especially after a two month deficit.

Picked up a copy today. I really enjoyed the issue. I thought the action was exciting, and it was a good issue to come back to after the creative team taking a few months off...

Nice to have Jimenez back doing the artwork :headbang:

Edited by The Commissioner

Just FYI ...

The initial Batman Day 608 Foil Edition being released this week, DC is telling retailers the book is returnable because Page 15 should actually be page 21. This according to this Reddit post:

According to bleedingcool.com, a Corrected version will be released on 10/17/23.

doh!

Batman vol. 3 #138

Description: 

THE GOTHAM WAR CONTINUES!

Batman is on the ropes as the Gotham War heats up following a shocking betrayal! It's father versus son, teacher versus student in the knockout fourth chapter of this brutal war. But who is really pulling the strings in this explosive event?

Thousands of years have led to this moment!

Batman138.thumb.jpg.5c9f09d98c14e337ab4befff073c5654.jpg

On 9/20/2023 at 4:19 PM, workingdog said:
Just FYI ...

The initial Batman Day 608 Foil Edition being released this week, DC is telling retailers the book is returnable because Page 15 should actually be page 21. This according to this Reddit post:

According to bleedingcool.com, a Corrected version will be released on 10/17/23.

doh!

Recalled edition, valued at ONE MILLION DOLLARZ on EBAYS the following weeks. 

A few years later, $200 fair market value. 

On 8/15/2023 at 12:02 AM, D2 said:

I am a huge huge huge black mirror fan and advocate. I think it’s a dark gritty crime noir, uncommon in modern Batman. 
I even have the poster!

IMG_6091.jpeg

That’s a great display piece! 

It’s been four months now since I read this story for the first time. I’m still thinking about it, I have mixed emotions because I would love the know what became of the other villains in the story and of Greyson, but I can also appreciate just leaving it alone. What a great way to end the original Detective Comics run before the New 52. 

On 10/21/2023 at 8:30 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

That’s a great display piece! 

It’s been four months now since I read this story for the first time. I’m still thinking about it, I have mixed emotions because I would love the know what became of the other villains in the story and of Greyson, but I can also appreciate just leaving it alone. What a great way to end the original Detective Comics run before the New 52. 

Yes! Well said. 
It was a surprise hit for me which also really stuck to my guts. It felt very real and human for a Batman story which is nice. 

Snyder tried to connect an unofficial sequel to it with Batman Who Laughs and Jim Gordon JR but it really fell flat for me. 

Just goes to show how truly rare it is to get a story that is so compelling. 

On 10/30/2023 at 6:55 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Bane has a daughter?! I’ve been gone too long from modern Batman comics.

Anyone here read and and like Joker #2

So does Lobo btw

Batman vol. 3 #139

Description: 

NEW STORY ARC BEGINS!
BATMAN VS. THE JOKER, MORE BRUTAL THAN EVER!

Following the cataclysmic events of "The Gotham War," Batman finds himself completely isolated from his family, struggling to keep the rage of Zur in check. But he can't stop, because he's out there, haunting the city, taunting the Dark Knight: The Joker.

And the new Batman is ready to stop him once and for all.
"Mindbomb" begins!

Batman139.thumb.jpg.2c6bbf1a2fda97fb6d1b750a6f381e1e.jpg